"Sony sold 1 million PS4 units on launch".

#31atopp399Posted 11/19/2013 7:37:50 AM(edited)
I thought the Wii U was up to around 4 million?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/30/nintendo-q2-financials-300k-wii-u-consoles-sold-in-quarter-3ds-sales-down/

Or was the 1.6 million just US sales?
#32LontaBeansPosted 11/19/2013 7:42:39 AM
I personally think the Wii U will make a come back later on. Just like PS3.
---
[::[__]::] Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS)
[+[__]::] ~3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 ~
#33jon davisPosted 11/19/2013 7:47:53 AM
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...
If Nintendo had of hyped up the Wii U before launch it could have done a million day one, don't blame Sony for doing it the right way blame Nintendo for not trying hard enough.

Wut? Do you not remember how much Sony hyped up the PS3? The PS4 in comparison was not as hyped up as they did for PS3 yet the PS4 day one has performed leaps and bounds better than the PS3 did.

The reason the PS4 sold so well right out of the gate is because look at how friggin old the current gen systems are. People have been thirsting for a next gen platform for a LONG time now.

Then why is the Wii U flopping so badly? Are you suggesting it isn't a next gen system?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#34bond465Posted 11/19/2013 7:53:55 AM
Jet_Set_Radi_Go posted...
The Wii U's 'day one launch' wasn't anywhere near PS4 US numbers in the US.

PS4 absolutely decimated any sales the wii u had. I believe the wii u sold around 500k the first week? Ps4 did that in half a day.
#35kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 7:53:58 AM
jon davis posted...
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...
If Nintendo had of hyped up the Wii U before launch it could have done a million day one, don't blame Sony for doing it the right way blame Nintendo for not trying hard enough.

Wut? Do you not remember how much Sony hyped up the PS3? The PS4 in comparison was not as hyped up as they did for PS3 yet the PS4 day one has performed leaps and bounds better than the PS3 did.

The reason the PS4 sold so well right out of the gate is because look at how friggin old the current gen systems are. People have been thirsting for a next gen platform for a LONG time now.

Then why is the Wii U flopping so badly? Are you suggesting it isn't a next gen system?

The hardware capabilities are certainly not at the level of PS4/XBone and instead are much more in line with PS360. However, IMO I feel like the pricing and lack of 3rd party support is what is hurting the Wii U. You have a Wii U sitting there with no sports games, no Battlefield, and with CoD and such type games not being marketed buzzed about on the Wii U for $300 whilst you have a brand new shiny PS4 with all the major mainstream titles available for it for only $100 more. That's just not going to sit well for most consumers looking to buy a new console.

Now, you might argue that parents shopping for children would gravitate towards the Wii U but then you have another problem, the Wii U is $300, has a confusing name and gimmick controller, AND there's a perfectly attractive 3DS for $160 or the 2DS for $100 AND a ton of kids friendly looking games available for it. There's also the iPads to contend with as well.

So if you think about all that, it makes it a hard proposition getting a Wii U because there's significant competition coming from all sides.
#36jrr18Posted 11/19/2013 7:57:49 AM(edited)
STN79 posted...
Ever notice how the majority of Sony's big name titles always get near perfect review scores?
All the popular ones like Assassin's creed, God of War, GTA, Call of duty etc. They come out with yearly sequels and little changes in each new game yet still they sell insane amounts and get all kinds of glowing reviews. When it's a Nintendo game all people wanna do is acuse them of being lazy and rehashing the same old stuff. There definitely seems to be a double standard.

sony hasn't been doing it for 30 years and only one of those is sony. (I do agree Assassin's creed, God of War, and COD are way similar)
---
CHOO CHOO all aboard the hate train next stop whine country.
PSN/steam jrr101
#37jon davisPosted 11/19/2013 7:58:25 AM
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...

The hardware capabilities are certainly not at the level of PS4/XBone and instead are much more in line with PS360. However, IMO I feel like the pricing and lack of 3rd party support is what is hurting the Wii U. You have a Wii U sitting there with no sports games, no Battlefield, and with CoD and such type games not being marketed buzzed about on the Wii U for $300 whilst you have a brand new shiny PS4 with all the major mainstream titles available for it for only $100 more. That's just not going to sit well for most consumers looking to buy a new console.

Now, you might argue that parents shopping for children would gravitate towards the Wii U but then you have another problem, the Wii U is $300, has a confusing name and gimmick controller, AND there's a perfectly attractive 3DS for $160 or the 2DS for $100 AND a ton of kids friendly looking games available for it. There's also the iPads to contend with as well.

So if you think about all that, it makes it a hard proposition getting a Wii U because there's significant competition coming from all sides.

Are you two different people? Your first reply to me is in stark contrast to the second!
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#38jon davisPosted 11/19/2013 8:02:53 AM
jrr18 posted...
STN79 posted...
Ever notice how the majority of Sony's big name titles always get near perfect review scores?
All the popular ones like Assassin's creed, God of War, GTA, Call of duty etc. They come out with yearly sequels and little changes in each new game yet still they sell insane amounts and get all kinds of glowing reviews. When it's a Nintendo game all people wanna do is acuse them of being lazy and rehashing the same old stuff. There definitely seems to be a double standard.

sony hasn't been doing it for 30 years and only one of those is sony. (I do agree Assassin's creed, God of War, and COD are way similar)

Rubbish Assassins Creed 4 is a vast improvement over 3, As is GTA 5 over 4, both CoD Ghosts and GoW have gotten mediocre reviews and why? Because they didn't improve much from the last outing they had.

So don't cry about Nintendo franchises getting marked down for being samey, when other exclusives do as well.
---
#39kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 8:04:16 AM
jon davis posted...
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...
kissdadookie posted...
jon davis posted...

Are you two different people? Your first reply to me is in stark contrast to the second!

To be honest, rereading what I initially replied to, I mus-interpretted your post :D
#40jon davisPosted 11/19/2013 8:07:18 AM
^^^ not to worry!
---