Needs more demos

#1jrb363Posted 11/19/2013 6:32:02 AM
So, apparently the Wii U Eshop only has 14 demos total. Compare that to the Playstation/Xbox stores which have hundreds.

- Are companies just not releasing demos for the Wii U?

- Is Nintendo discouraging companies from putting out demos?

There are a number of games I would like to try before purchasing and a demo (for me) is a great way to do this. Games like: Darksiders II, Deus Ex, Rayman Legends, LEGO City, Batman: Arkham City, etc.

Why aren't there more demos?

Also, why does the local Gamestop have tons of demos, yet I can't find any of these on my console? (Rayman, Legend of Zelda: WW, etc)
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#2jrb363(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 7:47:07 AM
Bump!
---
Nintendo betrayed Sony. Sony said whaaaaat?! Turned around, gave Nintendo the tombstone. One, two, three. RIP Nintendo.
#3trenkenPosted 11/19/2013 7:51:17 AM
jrb363 posted...
So, apparently the Wii U Eshop only has 14 demos total. Compare that to the Playstation/Xbox stores which have hundreds.

- Are companies just not releasing demos for the Wii U?

- Is Nintendo discouraging companies from putting out demos?

There are a number of games I would like to try before purchasing and a demo (for me) is a great way to do this. Games like: Darksiders II, Deus Ex, Rayman Legends, LEGO City, Batman: Arkham City, etc.

Why aren't there more demos?

Also, why does the local Gamestop have tons of demos, yet I can't find any of these on my console? (Rayman, Legend of Zelda: WW, etc)

Sony and MS also have a crap ton of 3rd parties that really like them. Nintendo does not. Not only are they barely getting any 3rd party games on the U, expecting demos for them is pointless since they take time to make. If a company doesnt even think their game will sell much on the U, which is impossible anyway since there are only 4mil of them in the world, then why invest even more money to get a demo set up? Thats why theres only 14. There will never be that many, not anywhere close to what the X1 and PS4 will get thats for sure.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero