People always underestimate Nintendo..........but i think

#1LuckyLickmorePosted 11/19/2013 7:46:49 AM
....It has a very good chance to absolutely DOMINATE this holiday season with the awesome games and great price comparative to the "other guys".
#2trenkenPosted 11/19/2013 7:52:32 AM
How could it dominate when the PS4 sold 1 million in the US in 1 day?? The U sold 1.6 mil in 365 days lol. One sequel to a 3DS game isnt going to turn that kind of lopsidedness around.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 7:59:19 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...
....It has a very good chance to absolutely DOMINATE this holiday season with the awesome games and great price comparative to the "other guys".

I guess you bought into the whole Iwata thing where he claims that they will shift 9 million Wii U's by the end of the fiscal year eh?
#4LuckyLickmore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:05:10 AM
trenken posted...
How could it dominate when the PS4 sold 1 million in the US in 1 day?? The U sold 1.6 mil in 365 days lol. One sequel to a 3DS game isnt going to turn that kind of lopsidedness around.

They have some really great games that's how, not to mention all the ps4s that are out on craigslist and ebay, Hell I have a PS4 haven't even hooked it up yet. it may or may not be a xmas present to myself. I am a gamer and get most systems anyway. The fact is there is NOTHING out right now I want to play on the PS4. I have over 25 ps4s alone in my local craigslist, but I'm not here to talk about the ps4.........I just think they have the advantage of being out for a year, and some awesome titles for the Wii U and 3DS. With proper advertising and BUNDLES I think they can truly dominate the holidays!
#5IcedEarthaholicPosted 11/19/2013 8:05:28 AM
trenken posted...

You mean the one that looks like it's going to be a must-have? The one that everyone has been raving about? And the one that has actually been given advertising spots and clears up the confusion over what the Wii U is? Yeah, I think that game could be what we're looking for.

As for dominating? Well, I certainly won't dismiss Sony's propensity for good advertising, but I will say I feel the Wii U is going to do very well this holiday season. I expect a nice little sales spike and some solid figures come the end of December.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#6GEKGanonPosted 11/19/2013 8:10:59 AM
trenken posted...

I like how people say the PS4 sold 1 million in the US its first day, and therefore assume it is going to sell the same way continuously. The Wii U didn't sell 1 million in its first day, but didn't it have a good start? Yes, it did. Then it dropped off significantly. There isn't any guarantee here that 1 million day 1 sales for PS4 translates to long term interest.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#7kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 8:15:15 AM(edited)
LuckyLickmore posted...
trenken posted...

They have some really great games that's how, not to mention all the ps4s that are out on craigslist and ebay, Hell I have a PS4 haven't even hooked it up yet. it may or may not be a xmas present to myself. I am a gamer and get most systems anyway. The fact is there is NOTHING out right now I want to play on the PS4. I have over 25 ps4s alone in my local craigslist, but I'm not here to talk about the ps4.........I just think they have the advantage of being out for a year, and some awesome titles for the Wii U and 3DS. With proper advertising and BUNDLES I think they can truly dominate the holidays!

Unless Nintendo is fine with taking a deep cut and loss on the sale of the hardware, your theory isn't going to hold up. Here's two reasons:

1) Nintendo is always getting hit hard from the shareholder side of things, so taking a larger cut and loss on the Wii U hardware is going to be next to impossible for them to explain to the antsy shareholders when the annual financials comes out.

2) With current pricing, even with great bundles, it's only $100 cheaper than the PS4 BUT it's lacking a lot of the mainstream software such as the sports games and Battlefield 4. Maybe to you as a gamer, such titles are of little to no value to you and you probably just yawn and them and go "same ole same ole" but then again, you need to think about the mainstream market which makes up the majority of the revenue for these companies. There's a reason Madden comes out every year. There's a reason CoD went annual.

The reality of the current market and Nintendo's current strategy is just not going to work in the favour of your hopefulness.

GEKGanon posted...
trenken posted...

I like how people say the PS4 sold 1 million in the US its first day, and therefore assume it is going to sell the same way continuously. The Wii U didn't sell 1 million in its first day, but didn't it have a good start? Yes, it did. Then it dropped off significantly. There isn't any guarantee here that 1 million day 1 sales for PS4 translates to long term interest.

The Wii U didn't have a great start. PS4 is sold out and it's being scalped at a premium on Craiglist and eBay and what not. There is an actual PS4 shortage. Wii U, that thing basically never sold out and the units on Craiglist and eBay being sold at a premium never really took off either. HUGE difference in launches here AND remember, the Wii U actually had a STRONG launch line up as well but it still didn't make it much of a success. Just look at how many units were sitting on shelves all over and plenty to go around online at GameStop and BB, etc. and that's without selling even half what the PS4 did on day one.
#8LuckyLickmore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:16:00 AM
We are all here on a gaming forum, so we of course have a slightly expanded knowledge of the industry compared to the average consumer. The people with the "purse" the moms and dads trying to get that kool Christmas present out weigh us by far! They're the ones who will be out in droves making that decision, and from that perspective I can totally see a situation where they go with the big N for reasons already mentioned. Its just my opinion

I have an xbox preordered as well, and I can tell you, once this semester is over and I have some more free time, I will be playing GTAV on my 360, finally getting around to WindWakerHD and LoZ 3DS. Not gonna even mention 3dworld simply because I don't think Ill have the time.
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 11/19/2013 8:18:46 AM
GEKGanon posted...
trenken posted...

Exactly, and while I expect PS4 sales to hold strong the next few weeks, I don't expect unrealistic figures of a million each week. I expect sales of the Wii U to also pick up during this time frame as well. Boy will EA eat crow for not releasing Madden 25 on the Wii U in the end. Hell, Madden hasn't been getting praised year in and year out which makes me happy. Think of the potential sales they have lost by NOT releasing their franchises on the system. Ha, I can't wait for EA to come back with their tail between their legs (it will happen) bunch of kettleheads.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#10LuckyLickmore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:21:05 AM
"The reality of the current market and Nintendo's current strategy is just not going to work in the favour of your hopefulness"

hopefulness?................buddy, its just my opinion, and I gave reasons why, I'm not hoping for anything but world peace and a cure for cancer, chill out Warren Buffet!....hopefulness???? lol