People always underestimate Nintendo..........but i think

#11unitedprosPosted 11/19/2013 8:21:55 AM
Specwise Wii U compete with last gen consoles. Its unfair to compare it against real next gen console like PS4 and X1.
#12kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 8:27:03 AM(edited)
LuckyLickmore posted...
We are all here on a gaming forum, so we of course have a slightly expanded knowledge of the industry compared to the average consumer. The people with the "purse" the moms and dads trying to get that kool Christmas present out weigh us by far! They're the ones who will be out in droves making that decision, and from that perspective I can totally see a situation where they go with the big N for reasons already mentioned. Its just my opinion

I have an xbox preordered as well, and I can tell you, once this semester is over and I have some more free time, I will be playing GTAV on my 360, finally getting around to WindWakerHD and LoZ 3DS. Not gonna even mention 3dworld simply because I don't think Ill have the time.

It's more likely that parents would go with a 3DS or 2DS if it was a purchase for their young ones. Let's face it, most gamers this holiday parents would be shopping for are going to be your tweeners and mostly your teens. That's the demographic which CoD, Battlefield, sports games, etc. caters to (some of them might of a Mature rating but let's face it, they know full well tweens and teens are an unspoken demographic for them) and those titles predominantly are not being pushed on the Wii U. Nintendo first party titles are only going to get you so far and it's a market which is shrinking for Nintendo TBH due to the vast amount of mobile games that kids are happy to play on their iPads, iPods, iPhones, etc. Nintendo's audience is shrinking because Nintendo has serious competition now and most of that competition isn't actually coming from Sony and Microsoft.

So think about it, the casual market they have strong competition coming from mobile and from the core gaming market, they can't really compete with PS4/XBone. Nintendo needs to do something and that something is not to try to stay the course as they have been doing for a long while now, because what they have been doing is obviously not very fruitful. This is not me trying to knock their quality and creativity and willingness to gamble on new concepts, but at the end of the day it's a business they are in and their business model simply is not working very well and has not been working very well for quite some time now.

LuckyLickmore posted...
"The reality of the current market and Nintendo's current strategy is just not going to work in the favour of your hopefulness"

hopefulness?................buddy, its just my opinion, and I gave reasons why, I'm not hoping for anything but world peace and a cure for cancer, chill out Warren Buffet!....hopefulness???? lol

Look at your OP, calling it hopefulness is being kind here. I could have just called you out on what it was, a reassurance post and a reassurance topic.
#13SuigintouEVPosted 11/19/2013 8:26:47 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...
....It has a very good chance to absolutely DOMINATE this holiday season with the awesome games and great price comparative to the "other guys".

you're assuming the general public cares or knows about awesome games and great price.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#14aluminafalconPosted 11/19/2013 8:28:20 AM
My crazy prediction Nintendo 3ds sales more units then either Xbox one or ps 4 this Christmas. I say this not based on demand but because I don't think the supply of the consoles will be large enough this Christmas.
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#15CranberryPSOPosted 11/19/2013 8:29:05 AM
I'm not really concerned with whether or not the WiiU "dominates" the competition or not. I just want to get some enjoyment from it.

My copy of the newest Mario & Sonic Olympics game just came, a series I am quite a fan of, and this should keep me entertained for a time.

People really worry too much about sales figures.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3
#16aluminafalconPosted 11/19/2013 8:30:58 AM
CranberryPSO posted...
I'm not really concerned with whether or not the WiiU "dominates" the competition or not. I just want to get some enjoyment from it.

My copy of the newest Mario & Sonic Olympics game just came, a series I am quite a fan of, and this should keep me entertained for a time.

People really worry too much about sales figures.

Amen as long as X doesn't get cancelled I'm happy with my purchase.
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#17WinsagePosted 11/19/2013 8:32:19 AM
The Wii U will dominate in 2014, but not in this holiday season.
---
NNid: Windsage
#18LuckyLickmore(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 8:36:20 AM
kissdadookie posted...
LuckyLickmore posted...
We are all here on a gaming forum, so we of course have a slightly expanded knowledge of the industry compared to the average consumer. The people with the "purse" the moms and dads trying to get that kool Christmas present out weigh us by far! They're the ones who will be out in droves making that decision, and from that perspective I can totally see a situation where they go with the big N for reasons already mentioned. Its just my opinion

I have an xbox preordered as well, and I can tell you, once this semester is over and I have some more free time, I will be playing GTAV on my 360, finally getting around to WindWakerHD and LoZ 3DS. Not gonna even mention 3dworld simply because I don't think Ill have the time.

It's more likely that parents would go with a 3DS or 2DS if it was a purchase for their young ones. Let's face it, most gamers this holiday parents would be shopping for are going to be your tweeners and mostly your teens. That's the demographic which CoD, Battlefield, sports games, etc. caters to (some of them might of a Mature rating but let's face it, they know full well tweens and teens are an unspoken demographic for them) and those titles predominantly are not being pushed on the Wii U. Nintendo first party titles are only going to get you so far and it's a market which is shrinking for Nintendo TBH due to the vast amount of mobile games that kids are happy to play on their iPads, iPods, iPhones, etc. Nintendo's audience is shrinking because Nintendo has serious competition now and most of that competition isn't actually coming from Sony and Microsoft.

So think about it, the casual market they have strong competition coming from mobile and from the core gaming market, they can't really compete with PS4/XBone. Nintendo needs to do something and that something is not to try to stay the course as they have been doing for a long while now, because what they have been doing is obviously not very fruitful. This is not me trying to knock their quality and creativity and willingness to gamble on new concepts, but at the end of the day it's a business they are in and their business model simply is not working very well and has not been working very well for quite some time now.

LuckyLickmore posted...
"The reality of the current market and Nintendo's current strategy is just not going to work in the favour of your hopefulness"

hopefulness?................buddy, its just my opinion, and I gave reasons why, I'm not hoping for anything but world peace and a cure for cancer, chill out Warren Buffet!....hopefulness???? lol

Look at your OP, calling it hopefulness is being kind here. I could have just called you out on what it was, a reassurance post and a reassurance topic.

need........ more........ wisdom, must....... have....... you're...... wisdom..... please........................
#19kissdadookiePosted 11/19/2013 8:41:53 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...

need........ more........ wisdom, must....... have....... you're...... wisdom..... please........................

Look, if you're going to make such a strong statement as you did in your OP, don't then later on distance yourself from your strong statement and attempt to play it off as a small insignificant expression of it being just your opinion. You've created an entire thread for you opinion for goodness sakes so at least stand behind your statement.

You made a statement implying that chances are good that Nintendo will come back and DOMINATE with the Wii U. You made this statement now you should explain how this would work. I've pointed out some reasons why it wouldn't work unless they drastically change strategies (which they have no telegraphed whatsoever and from what one can gather in the past year, Nintendo is basically STILL trying to settle on a working strategy). I didn't say that your opinion will never come to fruition, I only ask for you to provide some solid reasoning as to how your opinion could come to fruition. It is at the end hopefulness you're expressing are you not? Why become so defensive about that? It is what it is.
#20GEKGanonPosted 11/19/2013 8:55:20 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
GEKGanon posted...
trenken posted...
How could it dominate when the PS4 sold 1 million in the US in 1 day?? The U sold 1.6 mil in 365 days lol. One sequel to a 3DS game isnt going to turn that kind of lopsidedness around.

I like how people say the PS4 sold 1 million in the US its first day, and therefore assume it is going to sell the same way continuously. The Wii U didn't sell 1 million in its first day, but didn't it have a good start? Yes, it did. Then it dropped off significantly. There isn't any guarantee here that 1 million day 1 sales for PS4 translates to long term interest.

Exactly, and while I expect PS4 sales to hold strong the next few weeks, I don't expect unrealistic figures of a million each week. I expect sales of the Wii U to also pick up during this time frame as well. Boy will EA eat crow for not releasing Madden 25 on the Wii U in the end. Hell, Madden hasn't been getting praised year in and year out which makes me happy. Think of the potential sales they have lost by NOT releasing their franchises on the system. Ha, I can't wait for EA to come back with their tail between their legs (it will happen) bunch of kettleheads.

I think it is pretty ridiculous really, because there is basically no data whatsoever in which to establish any future sales projections for the PS4. They sold a million units the first day. Okay, and that means...? What, the console is going to sell 1 million consoles EVERY DAY? 7 million consoles a week? No. Of course not. That's the point. There isn't enough data here to establish any sort of trend.
---
Steam Name: gekganon