Do you use GameFly?

#21dirtyblacksocks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 7:34:20 PM
deathwave21 posted...
dirtyblacksocks posted...

You realize if you live within range of a GameFly you could essentially get a new game shipped every 3 days to you, that's 10 games a month - and that you have the option to buy the game after playing it for less than what Gamestop sells them used for, if it's a new release, it's essentially getting a brand new game for $10 less than what they cost off the shelf - and if you end up not liking the game you can return it, unlike being able to return a game you decide you don't like after it's been opened to a store.

I don't think your argument holds weight, and I think stating that it's only for children or people who can't afford new games is silly.

The service is a ripoff and marketed towards children. No intelligent adult would fall for such a scam and has that much free time to play 12+ hours of video games a day. On paper it seems like a solid deal, but when you consider what you are really getting and the hassle to actually profit off the system, its just not worth it. You still have to add in the cost of any game that you end up purchasing, either from them, or another retailer.

When I buy a game, I intend to keep it forever. If I am unsure about a game, I watch a couple videos of the game play, read many reviews, and research similar games. Most games can be bought, brand new for $20 a few months after release. The new releases are usually out of stock on GF, so you usually have to buy it retail anyway.

GF, like any service is set up to make profit. If you feel the service has been fitting your needs, then by all means continue to use it. I personally am fine with spending $20-60 every 2-3 months for a brand new game that I know I will enjoy. I'd rather my money go to the people who make the games, then the people who make money by recycling games.

If all you buy is one game every 2-3 months then I can understand where you're coming from.

I buy 5 or 6 games a month.

I'm also a grown adult - and could easily find 12 hours to game every day if I wanted to - while pulling roughly 2 grand a week doing my job.

Sorry you're stuck doing full time work for a paycheck, but having free time does not automatically mean some one is a child.
#22dirtyblacksocks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2013 7:36:47 PM
Ryan Si posted...
Lol at renting games. I'm not 12 sir, I know what I like and what I don't and can afford to purchase games I want. Pay a few more bucks and you can own the game...

If throwing your money away is what makes you feel better about your gaming experience, more power to you, lol.
#23MechaKoopa5000Posted 11/20/2013 8:54:30 PM
deathwave21 posted...

You realize if you live within range of a GameFly you could essentially get a new game shipped every 3 days to you, that's 10 games a month - and that you have the option to buy the game after playing it for less than what Gamestop sells them used for, if it's a new release, it's essentially getting a brand new game for $10 less than what they cost off the shelf - and if you end up not liking the game you can return it, unlike being able to return a game you decide you don't like after it's been opened to a store.

I don't think your argument holds weight, and I think stating that it's only for children or people who can't afford new games is silly.

The service is a ripoff and marketed towards children. No intelligent adult would fall for such a scam and has that much free time to play 12+ hours of video games a day. On paper it seems like a solid deal, but when you consider what you are really getting and the hassle to actually profit off the system, its just not worth it. You still have to add in the cost of any game that you end up purchasing, either from them, or another retailer.

When I buy a game, I intend to keep it forever. If I am unsure about a game, I watch a couple videos of the game play, read many reviews, and research similar games. Most games can be bought, brand new for $20 a few months after release. The new releases are usually out of stock on GF, so you usually have to buy it retail anyway.

GF, like any service is set up to make profit. If you feel the service has been fitting your needs, then by all means continue to use it. I personally am fine with spending $20-60 every 2-3 months for a brand new game that I know I will enjoy. I'd rather my money go to the people who make the games, then the people who make money by recycling games.

If all you buy is one game every 2-3 months then I can understand where you're coming from.

I'm also a grown adult - and could easily find 12 hours to game every day if I wanted to - while pulling roughly 2 grand a week doing my job.

Sorry you're stuck doing full time work for a paycheck, but having free time does not automatically mean some one is a child.

What job do you have where you pull in 2K per week. Not too shabby. That's more than $50 per hour.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yMd60gh.jpg
#24deathwave21Posted 11/21/2013 7:15:54 AM

Yeah, if you buy 5-6 games a month, GF is definitely a bargain. But seeing's how you make roughly the same as I do and obviously don't have a wife and 5 kids, I don't see how money is an option. And by the way, my full time job as Marine is an honor, and I don't look at it as "being stuck" in any way. I can retire at 37 years old, and get a 3rd college degree for free, while still drawing a full time salary without having to work at all. I have plenty of free time, but could not imagine playing 6 full length games a month; my wife and children are much more valuable to me.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!