What would Nintendo have to do for you to stop being a fan?

#1iKhan88Posted 11/22/2013 8:24:04 PM
Here's what it is for me:

1. Release a console focused on online, graphics, and home media, essentially identical to the new HD twins.
2. Stop promoting franchises like Mario or Zelda, and focus entirely on new darker, hyper-realistic franchises
3. Stop including motion control in games.

If this happened to Nintendo, I don't really know what I'd do. Maybe I'd move to Sony, but they are guilty of the same thing. I'd probably just devote my time to learning to code to make my own games that were actually, you know, good.
---
Any sig ideas?
#2dominatinggamerPosted 11/22/2013 8:27:22 PM
Stop innovating and/or selling out to the FPS crowd.
---
WiiU Nintendo ID: Warzone
FC: 2380-2922-4429
#3QUIKPosted 11/22/2013 8:27:45 PM
release the gamecube and wii while Xbox and Playstation exist... o yea they lost me already
#4metalmariolordPosted 11/22/2013 8:29:18 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Here's what it is for me:

1. Release a console focused on online, graphics, and home media, essentially identical to the new HD twins.
2. Stop promoting franchises like Mario or Zelda, and focus entirely on new darker, hyper-realistic franchises
3. Stop including motion control in games.

If this happened to Nintendo, I don't really know what I'd do. Maybe I'd move to Sony, but they are guilty of the same thing. I'd probably just devote my time to learning to code to make my own games that were actually, you know, good.

Remove the 3, which I don't care about, and it's the same for me.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#5WinsagePosted 11/22/2013 8:33:13 PM
Drop all of their long running series and focus entirely on the casual market.
---
NNid: Windsage
#6segagamerPosted 11/22/2013 8:57:42 PM
If they hurt me
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#7the_cajun88Posted 11/22/2013 8:58:47 PM
iKhan88 posted...

That'll do it.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#8hyperdimeduckPosted 11/22/2013 8:59:14 PM
Get rid of all their franchises and focus on Dudebro shooters.

Make games for smartphones.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#9TheNonBelieverPosted 11/22/2013 8:59:44 PM
stop existing
#10SS4_NamreppivPosted 11/22/2013 11:48:45 PM
What would Nintendo have to do for you to stop being a fan???

Simple: If Nintendo sold out and turned every one of their franchises into either a COD clone or some other boring rehash crapfest that sells boatloads yet makes no attempt to improve the game other than slightly better graphics or adding a dog.

Would you play a Zelda title where you're just a random Hylian, armed with basically a bow and arrow and bombs?

Would you play a Mario game where you're playing as a random Toad, armed with a Fire Flower?

Would you buy a Metroid game where you're just a GF grunt with basic firepower?

There are more, but I'm sure that nobody else wants to read about it, so I'll stop here.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban