The Sad Truth About Gamers Online

#1PancakethecatPosted 11/24/2013 1:48:19 AM
It's not surprising. Anywhere you go you can see the same thing anyone is seeing.

Riddle me this, when you were little, playing games til no end, staying up til midnight when your parents weren't around, playing your favorite games. Did it ever occur to you that years later on the thing called the 'Internet' your dreams of gaming would be CRUSHED?
Gaming Online has been sadly the heart breaking stop of many gamers to play as much games as they want. Instead of talking to millions of people online what game they should play next (don't get me wrong, that still happens), It Instead becomes a place where you defend, attack, criticize, or even become depressed at trying to overcome to substantial amount of hate online. Wii U under powered, PS4 Bad Online, Xbox Bad Fanbase, PC Awfully priced, and many other things. People complaining about games you play and why "theirs" are better. It never ends.

We live in a time where complaining about real world problems are boring enough that people must complain about things in our Hobby, A place where we get to relax and play games. But is overshadowed by sales, graphics, fanbases, and reviews.

Even though many people including me never stoop this low, does it get on the main page on IGN? Does it become a "Popular Topic"? No, and so I bring this to you.

Do you think there will be no end? Do you think it can change? Or are you also a cynical a-hole.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 11/24/2013 1:52:56 AM
Or, you could be an adult with friends who don't live anywhere near you and still game together.

I want to be able to play Mario with my brother who lives in Florida. Nintendo says no. That at 36 and 32 we should still be living together if we want to play together.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3Stefan1277Posted 11/24/2013 1:56:01 AM(edited)
No, it will only get worse. Human nature shows when they can hide after throwing a stone, and since the internet is the perfect place to get away with murder, people show their true colors of hate and ignorance in all related topics not just gaming.

Kids are now growing up with this and becoming worse by the minute, so I don't see it getting better at all in... well, forever. The only good thing for us to think is that by the time it turn really bad we'll probably be dead or about to die so we won't have to witness the stupidity unfold.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#4smash66Posted 11/24/2013 1:55:46 AM
Pancakethecat posted...
wii under powered, PS4 Bad Online, Xbox Bad Fanbase

Actually the bad online and bad fanbase should fall under wiiU too.

wiiUs online infrastructure is the worst and the fanbase hate any game not on Nintendo and at 1 point hoping the gaming industry would crash because the wiiU is selling horrible. How selfish can you get?!
#5Pancakethecat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 2:02:53 AM
smash66 posted...
Pancakethecat posted...
wii under powered, PS4 Bad Online, Xbox Bad Fanbase

Actually the bad online and bad fanbase should fall under wiiU too.

wiiUs online infrastructure is the worst and the fanbase hate any game not on Nintendo and at 1 point hoping the gaming industry would crash because the wiiU is selling horrible. How selfish can you get?!

Your not really helping this whole thing...
#6UponADarkThornePosted 11/24/2013 2:27:59 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Or, you could be an adult with friends who don't live anywhere near you and still game together.

I want to be able to play Mario with my brother who lives in Florida. Nintendo says no. That at 36 and 32 we should still be living together if we want to play together.

I don't think you actually read his post. He isn't talking about gaming online, but gamers on the internet; the majority of posters that go to forums and the like. He's pretty much right on the money, for the most part. We're not really the best internet demographic.

smash66 posted...

... the fanbase hate any game not on Nintendo and at 1 point hoping the gaming industry would crash because the wiiU is selling horrible...

As a Nintendo fan, I can't say I hate anything that's not on a Nintendo system. Hell, my favorite franchise is Fallout and my favorite game of all time is Baldur's Gate II. I'm playing the Director's Cut of Dues Ex: Human Revolution on my Wii U right now not because its a return to form for the franchise.

I also plan to eventually get a PS4 to boot, in a couple of years. I'd get one sooner, but I can't really see a reason when everything coming out until late next year that I'm interested in playing will be available on my 360, laptop, or Wii U.

Also, I don't think anyone hopes the industry crashes because the Wii U is selling bad. I've heard some people say they wish it would because they feel AAA productions often ignore the most important aspect of a game; gameplay. Never because the Wii U was selling bad, 'though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2680-9395-3914; NNID: MisterNoOne
Friend Safari (Dragon): Fraxure, Noibat, Sliggoo
#7unitedprosPosted 11/24/2013 2:54:08 AM
Internet = information
Many Nintendo fanboy just cant handle the truth about Wii U
#8teh1337gosuPosted 11/24/2013 2:58:05 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

I don't think you actually read his post. He isn't talking about gaming online, but gamers on the internet; the majority of posters that go to forums and the like. He's pretty much right on the money, for the most part. We're not really the best internet demographic.

smash66 posted...

... the fanbase hate any game not on Nintendo and at 1 point hoping the gaming industry would crash because the wiiU is selling horrible...

As a Nintendo fan, I can't say I hate anything that's not on a Nintendo system. Hell, my favorite franchise is Fallout and my favorite game of all time is Baldur's Gate II. I'm playing the Director's Cut of Dues Ex: Human Revolution on my Wii U right now not because its a return to form for the franchise.

I also plan to eventually get a PS4 to boot, in a couple of years. I'd get one sooner, but I can't really see a reason when everything coming out until late next year that I'm interested in playing will be available on my 360, laptop, or Wii U.

Also, I don't think anyone hopes the industry crashes because the Wii U is selling bad. I've heard some people say they wish it would because they feel AAA productions often ignore the most important aspect of a game; gameplay. Never because the Wii U was selling bad, 'though.

Totally disagree, it's not just gamers. The anoniminty of the internet means that it's is just a cesspool of clashing opinions fueled by slander.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#9AwayFromHerePosted 11/24/2013 3:03:52 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...

No, I read it, and yeah, he's right, people on the internet suck. However, online gaming can not suck if you're playing with friends.

I mean we all have Wii-Us, there is a semblance of network infrastructure there, but Nintendo doesn't seem to want to take advantage of that.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.