Need some info before buying this console

#1batromanPosted 11/24/2013 10:41:03 AM
So a friend of mine left his wii at my place so i decided to take it to my moms and introduce her to the wii. . .(keep in mind she is the type of person that calls NINTENDO to every single console out there since she bought the NES for me when i was a kid 22 years ago) . . .so i got her to play the Wii Sport Resort and LOL i havent seen her have this much fun with a console (usually my bro plays COD and i barely play any console so she is not fond of playing that type of games at all. . .any game to be honest)

So she tells me I wanna buy a wii and I told her there is the Wii U which is "last gen" console (an upgraded version of the wii) and she wanted me to find out if the wii U is worth buying ot play these type of games (and if there is a fair amount of games that play the same. . .not necessary has to be sports)

So guys here I am . . .that s my story what games do the wii U has that involves the Mii party type of gameplays so she can play with my nieces and nephews and the rest of the family (you know during family visits and that stuff)

I know later on I will get MH3U since i have it on my 3ds and then wind Waker HD, (I was planning to get myself a wii u later on but since she is eager to buy a console I might as well buy those games and play whenever i visit her or get the chance)
---
I hope you like my web site http://dvmphotoart.com
PS Vita - macabrocastle - 3ds - 1564 3285 0551
#2REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/24/2013 10:45:42 AM
Nintendo Land is the closest thing Wii U has to the Wii Sports games. It also has an HD version of Wii Sports with online play.
---
Ponies GTFO
#3StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 10:46:32 AM
I didn't even have to finish reading.

Get the wii u, it's perfect for you and your mom!
Not only can she play her wii games and enjoy the new wii u games
But the tv and netflix is super easy to figure out and I bet she would like that too
#4StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 10:47:45 AM
REAL_kielbasa posted...
Nintendo Land is the closest thing Wii U has to the Wii Sports games. It also has an HD version of Wii Sports with online play.

Don't you think a hd version with online play is closer to the original then Nintendo land?

I can't believe I defended you on a troll topic today. Prove me wrong kielbasa
#5StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 10:52:16 AM
If your mom can handle Mario... The new 3d world is a blast with local multiplayer. Wii sports hd is awesome! And before I continue listing the wii u games, just know
EVERY wii game canbe played on the wii u!
So if you want last generations console to play last generations games, go ahead,

But if you want to play the new super smash bros (as well as the old ones)
And the new Mario kart and wind waker hd and the new Zelda and any game coming out for the next 6 years AND all wii games,

I think the choice is blatantly obvious
#6batroman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 10:52:56 AM
What about the wii U party whats that about? I saw nintendo recently uploaded Wii U sport club. . .for free on the eshop right? just saw a video on youtube about that. . . . but the uploader says there is a catch and so far there is only bowling and tennis. . .

but whats the catch? (i didnt finish watching the video. . .bowling is something she liked a lot so that was enough for me haha )

I knew about wii U land and she sort of liked it. . .even if she is not aware who is metroid. . or zelda or even animal crossing, i told her she didnt need to know what those were because you just get to play funny minigames that have nothing to do with those original titles (well jsut the name but thats it)
---
#7StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 11:02:05 AM
batroman posted...
What about the wii U party whats that about? I saw nintendo recently uploaded Wii U sport club. . .for free on the eshop right? just saw a video on youtube about that. . . . but the uploader says there is a catch and so far there is only bowling and tennis. . .

but whats the catch? (i didnt finish watching the video. . .bowling is something she liked a lot so that was enough for me haha )

I knew about wii U land and she sort of liked it. . .even if she is not aware who is metroid. . or zelda or even animal crossing, i told her she didnt need to know what those were because you just get to play funny minigames that have nothing to do with those original titles (well jsut the name but thats it)

I have never played wii party u, I'm mainly a single player gamer. The game does look fun tho!
And the catch for the new wii sports is...
Well although it is HD and features online play,

Not all the sports are uploaded.
And though it's free, it's only a free 24 hour trial. You have to pay 2$ for another 24hours access to all sports,
Or pay 10$ to unlock a sport for good.
Kinda expensive, but idk if it's worth it cuz I haven't tried it yet.
( although not all sports are up yet, you will get a free 24 hour trial every time a new sport is added)

Also about Nintendo land, I've never played it but I always hear good things. If it's half as fun as wii play from last gen, then it sounds fantastic
#8StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 11:05:14 AM
Something else I would recommend (just cuz I see soo many of my friends moms loving it)

Is the recently released wii u fit.
Never before have I heard so many 40+ women say "fun and exercise" in the same sentence.
And the universal agreement seems to be fun that can also make you sweat...

I've never tried it but there's all sorts of yoga, and motions like your rowing a boat. Looks killer on the abbs
#9batroman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 11:08:30 AM
StevenTheGamble posted...
If your mom can handle Mario... The new 3d world is a blast with local multiplayer. Wii sports hd is awesome! And before I continue listing the wii u games, just know
So if you want last generations console to play last generations games, go ahead,

And the new Mario kart and wind waker hd and the new Zelda and any game coming out for the next 6 years AND all wii games,

So wii U runs wii games. . .you mean digital or the actual physical wii discs? Also one thing i am wondering about wii U is . . .the nunchuck thing . . . I am new with wii and wii U and I know there are games that need nunchucks (for wii) but i dont know if its going to be the same for wii u. . .
---
#10StevenTheGamblePosted 11/24/2013 11:14:16 AM
batroman posted...
StevenTheGamble posted...

So wii U runs wii games. . .you mean digital or the actual physical wii discs? Also one thing i am wondering about wii U is . . .the nunchuck thing . . . I am new with wii and wii U and I know there are games that need nunchucks (for wii) but i dont know if its going to be the same for wii u. . .

You can play all wii games straight from the disc :)
So essentially the wii u has 2 operating systems. The wii u system, and from the wii U home menu you can choose the
Wii menu.

When you choose the wii menu, your console basically becomes a wii. You have the original wii menu and all the features.
Any games that required a nunchuck on wii will require one on wii u (as it's basically a wii built into the system)

Quick info to clarify,
I haven't ever seen a wii U game that required the nunchuck

And although you can DISPLAY wii games on the gamepad, you can NOT control them with the gamepad.

In wii mode, the gamepad just becomes a separate screen :(

But you can still point wii remotes at it :)
Pretty cool imo, and Nintendo is still working on adding more functionality