I didn't think it was possible for the Wii-U to get any more hate...

#1shawnmckPosted 11/24/2013 1:48:52 PM
But the XB One fanboys have proven otherwise.
They sure are insecure to feel like they have to still criticize the Wii-U and label it "gimmicky"....yeah, hows that Kinect working out for ya, and how is it not gimmicky ?
#2The_HyphenatorPosted 11/24/2013 1:51:12 PM
shawnmck posted...
But the XB One fanboys have proven otherwise.
They sure are insecure to feel like they have to still criticize the Wii-U and label it "gimmicky"....yeah, hows that Kinect working out for ya, and how is it not gimmicky ?

Well, in fairness, they probably wouldn't know. It's not like MS has released anything that actually utilizes the Kinect yet, aside from voice commands which, yeah, very "gimmicky" in the sense they always abuse the word.
#3EasterEggHunterPosted 11/24/2013 1:52:50 PM
The giant tsunami of hate is coming upon this board. Just wait when the PS4 outsells the Wii U in the coming months. Get ready for the countless threads and name calling.
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 11/24/2013 1:54:02 PM
The Wii U and X1 are really a lot alike. Both underpowered compared to the competition (one more so than the other) with a unique controller gimmick that drives up the cost of the hardware unreasonably and is a forced purchase with the system, and thus far has not been utilized enough in a meaningful fashion to justify its inclusion. I find it funny when fanboys of either of those systems sling arguments at the other system for things their own system has as a fault.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#5kalibre16Posted 11/24/2013 2:01:05 PM
I guess that touchpad on the PS4 doesn't count then.....face it they all have their gimmicks that will be for the most part underutilized which is why this gen is shaping up to be one of the worst IMO rather than put the focus on the games, the games are putting focus on the gimmick given....

Oh how can we use kinect in a meaningful way (kinectimals 2)

Oh how can we use the touchpad (Playroom)

Oh how can we use the controllers screen (Maps and Inventory are rerouted)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 11/24/2013 2:02:09 PM
kalibre16 posted...
I guess that touchpad on the PS4 doesn't count then.....face it they all have their gimmicks that will be for the most part underutilized which is why this gen is shaping up to be one of the worst IMO rather than put the focus on the games, the games are putting focus on the gimmick given....

---

That's the beauty of the touchpad. I don't care about it. And I'm not paying a premium price for it. Something that doesn't drive up the cost but ends up not utilized well is of no concern to me.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#7G1ingyPosted 11/24/2013 2:02:42 PM
The obvious end result once an industry becomes big and mainstream enough.
#8Starwars4JPosted 11/24/2013 2:09:02 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The Wii U and X1 are really a lot alike. Both underpowered compared to the competition (one more so than the other) with a unique controller gimmick that drives up the cost of the hardware unreasonably and is a forced purchase with the system, and thus far has not been utilized enough in a meaningful fashion to justify its inclusion. I find it funny when fanboys of either of those systems sling arguments at the other system for things their own system has as a fault.

Nah, I think the XBO and PS4 are more alike. Both try to be overpowered, and yet still lag far behind PCs, leaving them overpriced for what they offer. Both launched with severe physical defects leaving many day one fans with a broken or otherwise nonfunctional console. Both appeal to the tween shooter mentality of trying to be "mature". Both charge for basic online functionality...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9darkjedilinkPosted 11/24/2013 4:09:14 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
kalibre16 posted...

---

That's the beauty of the touchpad. I don't care about it. And I'm not paying a premium price for it. Something that doesn't drive up the cost but ends up not utilized well is of no concern to me.

HOW much is a DualShock4?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10lp913Posted 11/24/2013 4:10:35 PM
Starwars4J posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Nah, I think the XBO and PS4 are more alike. Both try to be overpowered, and yet still lag far behind PCs, leaving them overpriced for what they offer. Both launched with severe physical defects leaving many day one fans with a broken or otherwise nonfunctional console. Both appeal to the tween shooter mentality of trying to be "mature". Both charge for basic online functionality...

^Bingo!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]