So how's the difficulty in recent Nintendo games?

#1harcoreblazerPosted 11/24/2013 4:20:48 PM
I've heard various complaints that compared to previous consoles, most Wii U and 3DS games were easy.

I think this started all the way back to New Super Mario Bros Wii, when they allowed you to skip a level if you die a few times. Ugh.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 11/24/2013 4:23:21 PM
Most mainstream Nintendo games have always been on the easy side.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#3chris1001 the sequelPosted 11/24/2013 4:23:22 PM
They can be challenging. But they pretty much all have a feature now where if something is giving you too much trouble you can let the AI beat the level for you.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#4Dannyson97Posted 11/24/2013 4:35:04 PM
The difficulty varies game to game, New Super Mario Bros U, is difficult enough for any new players on it's own anyone with experience will play through it get stuck on a level for a few lives, and move on. The real challenge comes after you complete the actual game with the challenge levels and star world.
You can still skip a level with Luigi mode, but it's Luigi completing the level for you in the slowest possible way ever.
It's mainly the Mario series that's referred to when Nintendo is called easy.
---
Argue with me at your own risk I have way too much free time.
#5ADHDguitarPosted 11/24/2013 4:50:48 PM
Fairly easy. There can be some challenging sections but overall there are few consequences.
---
dongers
#6StarmanJuniorPosted 11/24/2013 5:06:05 PM
Donkey Kong Country Returns was mega-hard. Luigi's Mansion DM had its moments. I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet, but Pikmin 2 was pretty hard.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 11/24/2013 5:38:08 PM
3D World seems just about right as it has a good difficulty curve. However, it's undermined by the presence of what almost amounts to an instant win button.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#8plasmatic5Posted 11/24/2013 5:49:13 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
3D World seems just about right as it has a good difficulty curve. However, it's undermined by the presence of what almost amounts to an instant win button.

Do you mean the Super P-Wing thing? Because...you can completely skip that and just not take it if you want...so I don't know why you would say "Undermined"...that kind of implies that it's forced upon you.

Overall, the games recently have been relatively easy to beat but very hard to 100%, but that's almost how all Nintendo games are and have been. A Link Between Worlds can be brutal at times.
---
The problem with trolls is that you can't logic with them. The same goes for idiots.
#9chris1001 the sequelPosted 11/24/2013 6:15:12 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Do you mean the Super P-Wing thing? Because...you can completely skip that and just not take it if you want...so I don't know why you would say "Undermined"...that kind of implies that it's forced upon you.

Overall, the games recently have been relatively easy to beat but very hard to 100%, but that's almost how all Nintendo games are and have been. A Link Between Worlds can be brutal at times.

I just hate how they shove it in your face. I haven't seen it here yet, but in DKC: Returns, if you die 3+ times, you load into the level with that pig shack there and the pig waving with an annoying sound effect. I just wish you could turn it off completely.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#10REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/24/2013 6:19:00 PM
Believe it or not, Nintendo Land has some merciless, arcade style challenge to it. Pikmin 3 I wouldn't call "hard", but it lets you make mistakes and learn from them instead of giving you god damn tutorials every 30 seconds. NSLU is of course really hard.

Mario Games are super easy though.
---
Ponies GTFO