So how's the difficulty in recent Nintendo games?

#11RoboXgp89Posted 11/24/2013 6:20:13 PM
I think a lot of people confuse their first time playing a 3d game with their experiances playing hard games.

There are hard/enjoyable games across all systems though like Punchout, Metroid Prime, Sin and Punishment

I don't know if mario or pokemon will ever be hard in the main storyline like they used to be
#12BladeManEXEPosted 11/26/2013 9:03:53 PM
It's hard to say. I've been playing games for 20 years. What's difficult for me isn't difficult for everyone else. Even Etrian Odyssey, a series I started playing for it's difficulty, isn't all that hard for me anymore even on the hard settings.

Mostly what gets me these days is bad or unclear level design. Nintendo's design is usually top notch, so in that case, it's mostly easy for me.

Also, genres I usually don't play (FPS, strategy, racing) are more difficult for me. But I don't play many Nintendo games in those genres.
#13Lil_Bit83Posted 11/26/2013 10:16:50 PM
depends on the game, i find their difficulty level somewhere in the middle, there'll always be a few places that'll **ss you off and there'll always be games that are harder because of stupid crap like bad gimmicks gone wrong but other then that...
---
A good game's a good game, so why do we have console wars?
#14SuigintouEVPosted 11/26/2013 10:26:28 PM
combatwise Skyward Sword was by far the hardest 3D zelda. However it had some serious hand holding issues when it came to puzzles.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#15chillvPosted 11/26/2013 10:29:37 PM
They basically varie from easy to balanced. Pikmin 3 is easy, Super Mario 3D World is balanced, Nintendo Land is balanced, Game & Wario is easy, Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014 has different difficulty levels so it can be hard, balanced or easy.
#16NovaLevossidaPosted 11/26/2013 10:43:18 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
3D World seems just about right as it has a good difficulty curve. However, it's undermined by the presence of what almost amounts to an instant win button.

Do you mean the Super P-Wing thing? Because...you can completely skip that and just not take it if you want...so I don't know why you would say "Undermined"...that kind of implies that it's forced upon you.

Overall, the games recently have been relatively easy to beat but very hard to 100%, but that's almost how all Nintendo games are and have been. A Link Between Worlds can be brutal at times.

Undermined does not imply that it's forced upon you. You're grasping at straws there.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus