Gamepad with Virtual Console?

#1osurplessPosted 11/24/2013 7:26:57 PM
I did some google searching and thought it wasn't possible, but also noticed that a lot of the articles where from launch and they mentioned something on January 2013 it says you could do it now for 1.50 for each game? How do I go about doing this if it works now?

Linking systems or just redownloading the VC games?
---
" Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair..." Final Fantasy IX - Trance Kuja
#2icarus231Posted 11/24/2013 7:32:28 PM
Transfer from your wii. Once it is available on the wii u vc you can upgrade
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#3picanoPosted 11/24/2013 7:37:59 PM
What icarus said.

If the game is available from the Wii U eShop and you own it on the Wii VC, you can upgrade it for a small fee --- getting gamepad play, control mapping, and Miiverse support. (Otherwise, buy it for full price)

One improvement made since launch is that you can now show Wii content on the gamepad --- but you'd still need to use a Wii controller to play it.
---
3D and catgirls! : http://picanogfx.unotaku.com/
#4osurpless(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 5:02:32 AM
Alright, thanks for the prompt responses.

Also, would you say that the 24 feet range is accurate for the gamepad? I like the idea of playing Earthbound and A Link to the Past (among others).
---
" Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair..." Final Fantasy IX - Trance Kuja
#5icarus231Posted 11/25/2013 6:17:38 AM
osurpless posted...

Also, would you say that the 24 feet range is accurate for the gamepad? I like the idea of playing Earthbound and A Link to the Past (among others).

Its hard to put a range on the gamepad. It varies based on the house.
---
#6stop3Posted 11/25/2013 6:53:21 AM
icarus231 posted...
osurpless posted...

I lose the connection if I walk from the TV in the living room to the kitchen. These rooms adjoin and there is no wall in between, it's totally open. So... I lose the connection after about 12 feet.
#7icarus231Posted 11/25/2013 9:22:25 AM
stop3 posted...
icarus231 posted...
osurpless posted...

I lose the connection if I walk from the TV in the living room to the kitchen. These rooms adjoin and there is no wall in between, it's totally open. So... I lose the connection after about 12 feet.

I can go to my kitchen 3 rooms away in my house.
---
#8LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/25/2013 10:06:21 AM
I've noticed that keeping the front of your gamepad pointed in the direction of your console greatly improves reception when you're in that 20 foot range. When I've been that far away with my back turned to the console, I couldn't get a connection at all. Turning around and it played like normal
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009