Do people generally trade in old console for new console or keep old ones also?

#31Gogo726Posted 12/2/2013 1:56:04 AM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
I traded my Wii in because I have a Gamecube and Wii U. I traded my DS lite in because I have a GBA and 3DS. When stuff is backwards compatible, I see no point keep the old systems.

Pretty much this.

Though when I got my Wii U, I traded my Wii for a Game Cube because I didn't like messing with wires of two sensor bars just for Game Cube games. My CC Pro is nice for 3D games, though I can't remember if Mario Kart uses it.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#32VerkinsPosted 12/2/2013 2:51:51 AM
The only time I trade in a old console was my DS Lite for a 3DS in Gamestop. I replaced that DS Lite with a DSi XL. I also sold extra Gameboys I had in the past on Ebay.
#33leechmaster21Posted 12/2/2013 8:14:19 AM
No real gamer would part with their cherished console no matter how obsolete it becomes.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 2406-5626-1259
PSN id- sweats_21
#34Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 8:26:25 AM
leechmaster21 posted...
No real gamer would part with their cherished console no matter how obsolete it becomes.

If anything it seems like I'm better able to appreciate consoles after they've been retired than when they are active. After all once a console is retired and no new games are made for it, you now know its whole history from start to finish and know exactly what to expect from its lineup. I know that must sound a bit strange...
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#35Estil(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 11:48:44 AM
Verkins posted...
The only time I trade in a old console was my DS Lite for a 3DS in Gamestop. I replaced that DS Lite with a DSi XL. I also sold extra Gameboys I had in the past on Ebay.

I guess when the 3DS plays DS games in pretty much the same way it makes sense. Still I got the really nice red/black SMB version of the DS-XL so I better keep that around even when I am ready to get a 3DS-XL (someday).
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller