Name a bad first party Nintendo game

#1DarkChocobo47Posted 11/25/2013 3:51:57 AM
Try as I might, I can't think of that many "bad" first part Nintendo games. Post a game that you think doesn't live up to the Nintendo standard of quality.

Things to note: A game being "bad" and a game aging poorly are two different things. For the sake of this topic, only post games that were considered to be sub-par upon release.

If a game is debatable (like Metroid Prime 2), post it anyway. Please do not derail the thread by debating about the games that have been listed.

I'll start with Star Fox: Assault
---
Huehuehue
#2ElectricMolePosted 11/25/2013 3:54:15 AM
NSMB Wii
NSMB 2
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#3DarkAdonis123Posted 11/25/2013 4:02:50 AM
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

"Yes, let's take rpg elements out of an rpg. The fans will love it" -Siggy
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#4Emperor_mateusPosted 11/25/2013 4:05:52 AM
DarkChocobo47 posted...
Try as I might, I can't think of that many "bad" first part Nintendo games. Post a game that you think doesn't live up to the Nintendo standard of quality.

Things to note: A game being "bad" and a game aging poorly are two different things. For the sake of this topic, only post games that were considered to be sub-par upon release.

If a game is debatable (like Metroid Prime 2), post it anyway. Please do not derail the thread by debating about the games that have been listed.

Wasn't Assault made by Namco or something like that? I would like to add the ds starfox to the list though.

Otherwise I can't think of many bad first party titles. I can certainly think of titles that disappointed me, but Nintendo usually ensures that their titles are of high quality.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#5DarkChocobo47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 4:16:56 AM
Emperor_mateus posted...
DarkChocobo47 posted...

Wasn't Assault made by Namco or something like that? I would like to add the ds starfox to the list though.

Otherwise I can't think of many bad first party titles. I can certainly think of titles that disappointed me, but Nintendo usually ensures that their titles are of high quality.

I consider first party to mean any game made by Nintendo, including those that were made under a Nintendo license. So games like Super Mario RPG and such still count. That's not a bad game though.
---
Huehuehue
#6Neo_SeraphPosted 11/25/2013 4:26:39 AM
Skyward Sword wasn't just bad, it was horrible.

There have been other average to subpar Nintendo games, but Skyward Sword is the only game that I can think of that is legit horrendous. I've tried to will myself to finish that game so many times but I can't. I can't believe they actually put the Zelda name on that abomination.

Seriously. Horrible horrible game.
---
PSN: LuoRider
Blazblue: Rachel, Tsubaki; Guilty Gear: Jam; Persona 4 Arena: Labrys
#7senelcoolidge_Posted 11/25/2013 4:32:23 AM
Mario is Missing (nes)
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/25/2013 4:37:01 AM
Doshin the Giant. I was expecting a God Sim sprinkled with Nintendo Magic. I was bitterly disappointed.

senelcoolidge_ posted...
Mario is Missing (nes)

What was the differences between the NES and SNES versions? I played the SNES one and yes as a game it was pretty awful, but at least I learned something.

Doshin the Giant only taught me hate.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9DarkChocobo47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 5:17:23 AM
Neo_Seraph posted...

There have been other average to subpar Nintendo games, but Skyward Sword is the only game that I can think of that is legit horrendous. I've tried to will myself to finish that game so many times but I can't. I can't believe they actually put the Zelda name on that abomination.

I have a similar and equally controversial opinion about Super Mario Galaxy. That game is easy to the point that I can not play it. I don't think I have ever played a console game that was even almost as easy as that game. At that level, there is no reason to play. There is no challenge present in the game whatsoever, so why continue? It's like tying your shoes, untying them, and tying them again. For hours and hours. You know how to do it, it doesn't feel rewarding, it is repetitive, and it takes no brain power to accomplish.

I would say that the game design makes up for it, but the fact that the game is purposefully designed to be piss easy just ruins it. I also didn't really like the controls or the level progression, but the difficulty level really did this game in.
---
Huehuehue
#10brutalhitsPosted 11/25/2013 5:19:41 AM
DarkChocobo47 posted...
Neo_Seraph posted...

I have a similar and equally controversial opinion about Super Mario Galaxy. That game is easy to the point that I can not play it. I don't think I have ever played a console game that was even almost as easy as that game. At that level, there is no reason to play. There is no challenge present in the game whatsoever, so why continue? It's like tying your shoes, untying them, and tying them again. For hours and hours. You know how to do it, it doesn't feel rewarding, it is repetitive, and it takes no brain power to accomplish.

I would say that the game design makes up for it, but the fact that the game is purposefully designed to be piss easy just ruins it. I also didn't really like the controls or the level progression, but the difficulty level really did this game in.

But that's the difficult of the majority of games nowadays on all systems. Except many games nowadays allow for a difficulty selection which sort of fixes the problem. Nintendo seems to be semi-allergic to this concept though.