Nintendo and mature games

#1StevenTheGamblePosted 11/26/2013 3:41:55 AM
I think mature is just a esrb rating. I'm tired of people saying Nintendo makes immature or kiddy games. There's puzzles in Zelda that will stump a grown adult, much more then a drop shotter or whatever your biggest threat is in cod.

So does being mature make a game better?
Do games need blood, sex and drugs to be considered good?
So people buy games to experience those things specifically?

Do you think the legend of Zelda wii u should be about a crack hustling street hero of time, traveling through time to deliver his cash stash to a big breasted and foul mouthed zelda?
Or are games rated e for everyone still enjoyable for adults?

Do you think this "mature" thing gets blown out of proportion?

And either way, do you think Nintendo should adopt more "mature" ip's?

Let me know your thoughts on this topic.
#2segagamerPosted 11/26/2013 3:42:29 AM
Ugh.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/26/2013 3:46:06 AM
My thought is that anyone who broods over how "mature" a video game is must not be mature enough to play M-rated games.
#4FreedomOfToughtPosted 11/26/2013 3:48:52 AM
measuring the "maturity" of a game by the ability to torch hooker in a strip club is very immature.
---
NNID : SixSeasonAndWiiU
#5lightningbugxPosted 11/26/2013 3:55:08 AM
All we need to do is reskin Halo 4 into something geared towards a 12 year old girl, keeping the same levels and gameplay. Heck, I imagine some games have been released like this.

Or better yet, reskin a barbie game into something with content similar to GTA.
#6StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 3:55:33 AM
Agreed so far. How come people aren't able too see that, and rag on Nintendo for not catering to that notion?
#7StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 3:56:21 AM
lightningbugx posted...
All we need to do is reskin Halo 4 into something geared towards a 12 year old girl, keeping the same levels and gameplay. Heck, I imagine some games have been released like this.

Or better yet, reskin a barbie game into something with content similar to GTA.

Why?
#8manmousePosted 11/26/2013 3:58:06 AM
Zelda's puzzles are actually farrrr softer than most other puzzles.

especially modern ones, like in Skyward Sword with Fi practically spelling everything out for you.

compared to Ecco the Dolphin 1-2, and Braid, most Zelda puzzles are very friendly.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#9STN79Posted 11/26/2013 3:59:09 AM
If you can't play a game because of it's childish look then you need to grow up.
Worrying about your image or how uncool you might appear to others is rather childish in itself.
I played Mario as a little kid and i'll be playing it still as an old man with hair coming out of my ears.
Only child like games i won't play are anything intended for preschoolers.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#10deathwave21Posted 11/26/2013 7:09:22 AM
StevenTheGamble posted...
I think mature is just a esrb rating. I'm tired of people saying Nintendo makes immature or kiddy games. There's puzzles in Zelda that will stump a grown adult, much more then a drop shotter or whatever your biggest threat is in cod.

So does being mature make a game better?
Do games need blood, sex and drugs to be considered good?
So people buy games to experience those things specifically?

Do you think the legend of Zelda wii u should be about a crack hustling street hero of time, traveling through time to deliver his cash stash to a big breasted and foul mouthed zelda?
Or are games rated e for everyone still enjoyable for adults?

Do you think this "mature" thing gets blown out of proportion?

And either way, do you think Nintendo should adopt more "mature" ip's?

Let me know your thoughts on this topic.

Nintendo holds a monoply on "Nintendo published games". Pretty sure monopolies are illegal. Why has this not been presented to the Supreme Court?
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!