Nintendo and mature games

#21donkeyjackPosted 11/26/2013 1:52:36 PM
You Nintendo are unbelievably sad.

CoD, GTA, GoW and etc are kidder than Mario?

Are you that upset people still judge on the outside?
---
MGTOW representer.
#22squatch22Posted 11/26/2013 1:57:57 PM
Ratings define how mature a game is?

GT and Forza are therefore as 'kiddy' as Mario is. Right?
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#23terrancejonesPosted 11/26/2013 5:06:37 PM
StevenTheGamble posted...
Kuebel33 posted...
It's not about "needing" games to be mature, it's about actually offering more mature games (and not just more, but better quality ones). I know Nintendo has plenty of mature games and most people don't realize it, but I'm sorry, putting a little extra work in to get a game like GTA V would have helped immensely for example. Regardless if you, yourself, personally like the franchise or not, it would have helped the install base, and it would have helped the impression that Nintendo is for kids.

Look man, I've been playing Nintendo since I was a kid. I've spent like almost 30 years playing Nintendo consoles...it wouldn't hurt to cater a bit more to folks who grew up with the systems and are adults or middle aged dudes now.

Well put! But your just a bit too logical for these boards. I say we take that other guys idea STRAIGHT TO THE SUPREME COURT!

And sue the **** out of Nintendo for a monopoly on Nintendo ip's.

And I hope more people realize that mature games don't mean good games but they draw sales from....
Not so bright people... Who think a game HAS to be mature to be worth their time. People always tell me they wouldn't be caught dead playing a Mario game (cuz I'm a big intimidating black guy with an Afro)

Then I laugh at them and pull out my 3ds as I skip off into the sunlight!
True story

Are you serious? Do you really think that the Supreme Court holds Jurisdiction in Japan? And even if there was a case about Nintendo products being a monopoly on Nintendo, That would then mean that we could sue Burger King because they don't allow McDonalds to sell their Whopper, and Vice versa with their Big Mac.

In all seriousness, It is not a monopoly, for Nintendo to not allow other companies to sell their Big Mac.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#24lgiPosted 11/26/2013 5:37:32 PM
I would like to see them make a game with real characters. I like The Incredibles as much as I like Reservoir Dogs, but I can't imagine watching nothing but Pixar movies for a whole year. And I don't think a game like Bayonetta 2 is "mature" really. I mean something with a deep story line. Yeah yeah, Zelda's there, but will there be anything else BUT Zelda?
#25StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 5:38:00 PM
squatch22 posted...
Ratings define how mature a game is?

GT and Forza are therefore as 'kiddy' as Mario is. Right?

Technically yes, I would make the argument that they are just as kiddy. I don't think that Mario games are kiddy, I think maturity of a game should depend on who it's suited best for. I think Gta v is mature because it's best suited to adults who know the world.

I don't think Mario is kiddy because it welcomes new players and doesn't involve sex.
If Mario's kiddy for any reason I guess it would be the colours, or the difficulty or something?
Either way Mario is for everyone, not just kids

I think kiddy games should be stuff aimed directly at kids. Something that's a popular toy or tv show that kids like, something like an Arthur the aardvark game is not a game suited to kids and adults. It's just kiddy

Mario however Is not
#26StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 5:39:20 PM
terrancejones posted...
StevenTheGamble posted...
Kuebel33 posted...
It's not about "needing" games to be mature, it's about actually offering more mature games (and not just more, but better quality ones). I know Nintendo has plenty of mature games and most people don't realize it, but I'm sorry, putting a little extra work in to get a game like GTA V would have helped immensely for example. Regardless if you, yourself, personally like the franchise or not, it would have helped the install base, and it would have helped the impression that Nintendo is for kids.

Look man, I've been playing Nintendo since I was a kid. I've spent like almost 30 years playing Nintendo consoles...it wouldn't hurt to cater a bit more to folks who grew up with the systems and are adults or middle aged dudes now.

Well put! But your just a bit too logical for these boards. I say we take that other guys idea STRAIGHT TO THE SUPREME COURT!

And sue the **** out of Nintendo for a monopoly on Nintendo ip's.

And I hope more people realize that mature games don't mean good games but they draw sales from....
Not so bright people... Who think a game HAS to be mature to be worth their time. People always tell me they wouldn't be caught dead playing a Mario game (cuz I'm a big intimidating black guy with an Afro)

Then I laugh at them and pull out my 3ds as I skip off into the sunlight!
True story

Are you serious? Do you really think that the Supreme Court holds Jurisdiction in Japan? And even if there was a case about Nintendo products being a monopoly on Nintendo, That would then mean that we could sue Burger King because they don't allow McDonalds to sell their Whopper, and Vice versa with their Big Mac.

In all seriousness, It is not a monopoly, for Nintendo to not allow other companies to sell their Big Mac.

Jesus ****ing Christ dude, chill out. It was a joke
#27StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 5:40:44 PM
lgi posted...
I would like to see them make a game with real characters. I like The Incredibles as much as I like Reservoir Dogs, but I can't imagine watching nothing but Pixar movies for a whole year. And I don't think a game like Bayonetta 2 is "mature" really. I mean something with a deep story line. Yeah yeah, Zelda's there, but will there be anything else BUT Zelda?

That, that is the right question detective
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8LAFSY3Ws
#28TheMisterManGuyPosted 11/27/2013 9:32:34 AM
lgi posted...

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Star Fox, Xenoblade, The Wonderful 101, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Mario RPG's
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#29vashtrichamPosted 11/27/2013 10:22:26 AM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
lgi posted...

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Star Fox, Xenoblade, The Wonderful 101, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Mario RPG's

Take star fox, mario rpg, icarus, 101 out of there and you might be right
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#30ZombiePelicanPosted 11/27/2013 10:26:55 AM(edited)
The_Hyphenator posted...
Personally, I think Penny Arcade made the definitive argument on this topic more than 10 years ago:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/12/14

Literally taking Penny Arcade seriously.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IvRSYtU.jpeg http://i.imgur.com/jYRmKfs.png
http://i.imgur.com/CEVk3TD.jpg http://i.imgur.com/a6Klkfp.jpg