Super Mario 3 World is SO HUGE!!!!

#31nextjenjen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 4:13:53 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
I've heard most people have completed it in 5 to 8 hours, and didn't bother with the 100% because having to clear every level 5 times for each different character for the final few stamps is not fun, just Grindy.

Really Shadowlink? Please show us factual details of these "most people".

As you troll way too much, you will not have it.

How about I show you THESE facts:

20 critics giving the game a perfect score, many of which URGE you to 100% the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-mario-3d-world

Any person who has played the game (and uses their brain!) will know that as you complete more and more 100%, the game peels open many many new world/levels to play. In fact, Im not sure I have seen this many levels in a Mario game.

So, Shadow, you become a shadow of what you THINK people want to see. Others, the can read over 60 reviews posted above who stomp, crush then spit of your 5-8 hours, nobody wants to 100% the game BS.
#32The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/28/2013 5:53:53 AM
nextjenjen posted...
I've heard most people have completed it in 5 to 8 hours, and didn't bother with the 100% because having to clear every level 5 times for each different character for the final few stamps is not fun, just Grindy.

Really Shadowlink? Please show us factual details of these "most people".

As you troll way too much, you will not have it.

How about I show you THESE facts:

20 critics giving the game a perfect score, many of which URGE you to 100% the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-mario-3d-world

Any person who has played the game (and uses their brain!) will know that as you complete more and more 100%, the game peels open many many new world/levels to play. In fact, Im not sure I have seen this many levels in a Mario game.

So, Shadow, you become a shadow of what you THINK people want to see. Others, the can read over 60 reviews posted above who stomp, crush then spit of your 5-8 hours, nobody wants to 100% the game BS.

Go look up your average Youtube Playthrough of the game, thems your facts. Each world takes about roughly 30-40 minutes in total. Slightly less for the early worlds, slightly more for the late game worlds. They average out in total. There's about 12 worlds in total in the game. Ergo, on average you will probably beat it in about 6 hours.

Of course, the game wants you to beat each level with each character to get all the stamps, so some could argue the game is 5 times as long as that. Which is what you are doing. But the levels don't "peel" or change each time you play it. It's the same each time, with maybe a few secret areas being easier or harder to get depending on which character your playing as (Game still has to be designed around every level being beatable by each character with roughly the same amount of effort needed for each character).

I'd compare it to Portal and it's Sequel really. Both games got high review scores (90 and 95 respectively), both are platformers, and both are about 6 hours roughly to beat (Well, original Portal was 2 hours, Portal 2 is more along the lines of 6, more if you count it's Multiplayer Campaign) Those games also had bonus 100% Completion challenges, but they required you to play the levels you've already played again, just with different limitations like "Beat in X Time" or "Beat using X amount of Portals" or the like. But it's the levels you've already beaten and it doesn't really mix up the gameplay enough to justify, which is the same as beating the levels you already beat, just with Toad instead of Mario or something among those lines. If you did those extra things then yes they are longer. But they are generally not different or fresh enough for most people to do them so the game fits the "One and Done" system better, which makes the game about 5-8 hours to beat for your average gamer.

Now, try coming up with a logical answer to my explanation on why Super Mario 3D World is about 5 to 8 hours long. And perhaps without the blatent attacking to me? It just makes you look petty, and doesn't really contribute to anything. Espicially if I'm not going to care to any insults you make and instead just want to know why you disagree. And just because the game got all these perfect scores doesn't change that the game is still short, like Portal was, which is a negative point to most people.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#33VideogamegalaxyPosted 11/28/2013 6:12:30 AM
So it's on par with Donkey Kong 64 in terms of how big it is?
#34MaciverPosted 11/28/2013 6:12:32 AM
Omar_Comin_Yo posted...
It's so huge it sold less than 100,000 copies! :D

What's the point of you?
---
Wii-U addy BEADY MINK
#35mrtzeentchPosted 11/28/2013 6:30:04 AM
chillv posted...
Omar_Comin_Yo posted...
It's so huge it sold less than 100,000 copies! :D

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/troll-face-high-resolution.png

He's banned so don't waste time arguing with him. I may have to eat crow as apparently the mods are finally stepping in and doing something here.
#36AhnoldDoodPosted 11/28/2013 6:33:36 AM
Go look up your average Youtube Playthrough of the game, thems your facts. Each world takes about roughly 30-40 minutes in total. Slightly less for the early worlds, slightly more for the late game worlds. They average out in total. There's about 12 worlds in total in the game. Ergo, on average you will probably beat it in about 6 hours.

ITP: Every playthrough is a 100% playthrough and no one edits their videos.

Of course, the game wants you to beat each level with each character to get all the stamps, so some could argue the game is 5 times as long as that.

Except they don't, that really doesn't count, where did you get this "statistic"?

I'd compare it to Portal and it's Sequel really.

Hey, here's an idea: let's not, since Mario's a platformer, and Portal's a PUZZLE GAME.

Now, try coming up with a logical answer to my explanation on why Super Mario 3D World is about 5 to 8 hours long.

How about "F***ing YouTube videos aren't a reasonable measurement for the length of the game, how about you actually play this game you pretend to know so much about?"

And perhaps without the blatent attacking to me?

The damage is done.
#37guttertalkPosted 11/28/2013 6:41:46 AM
Without playing the game, Shadow is still supposing and assuming. Even a reviewer who "finished" the game in 8 hours said there's more:

"Itís a lot longer than 8 hours, folks. I canít really say much more than that, but donít worry."

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-3d-world-given-rough-8-hour-completion-time-but-theres-more-to-see-and-do/

So, back on topic, TC, how long are you on the bigger levels?
#38vashtrichamPosted 11/28/2013 7:21:53 AM
I admit this game has very unique
Levels with great design. The lack if difficulty is the only thing that is stopping me from playing it more.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam