AAA games are just shovelware with a huge advertising budget

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/29/2013 6:00:31 AM
I only have to compare Skyrim to older games like Morrowind as testament to it. So then, why do people cry about the lack of "AAA multi-plats" on the Wii U, when people also said they want less shovelware? Make up your minds!
#2atma6Posted 11/29/2013 6:03:30 AM
The following logic is present in this topic:

"I like Morrowind better than Skyrim, so all AAA games are shovelware."
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationsforthemoderngamer.wordpress.com
#3spartansbrotherPosted 11/29/2013 6:03:45 AM
learn what shovelware is

hour of victory on xbox 360 is shovelware
something like cod is not shovelware

"i dont like it" does not = "shovelware"
---
*wipes brown*
#4DontDieNintendoPosted 11/29/2013 6:11:07 AM
You seem to be mistaking the proper definition of AAA for the gamer definition of AAA. The gamer definition of AAA is when a game gets a 90%+ rating. Therefore, a AAA game cannot be shovelware.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKH-1Qbc-2Y
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 11/29/2013 6:14:23 AM
That's a grossly inaccurate statement, but at least it's different from the usual "Why is the Wii U failing" topics.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 6:17:30 AM
spartansbrother posted...

But that's how I've interpreted its use on this site, so your statement is incorrect.
#7P-APEPosted 11/29/2013 6:30:20 AM
AAA games are games with a high production and advertising budget.

Some AAA games have shovelware quality.

Compare two games in the same company Activision Blizzard

CODs is a shovelware it's just a reskin from the predecessor games compared to Starcraft a game that took years to reach the gameplay quality what Blizzard wanted.

Bioshock infinite and Tomb Raider could be considered shovelware for there ridiculous story focus , they lost so much quality and price in a half-year then the Nintendo games.
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 11/29/2013 6:36:10 AM
TC is mistaking the further casulization of gaming with shovelware.

We aren't quite there yet, but we soon will be at this rate. Look at Beyond:Two Souls. You literally cannot fail. What is a game without challenge if it isn't shovelware?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 6:45:12 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
TC is mistaking the further casulization of gaming with shovelware.

We aren't quite there yet, but we soon will be at this rate. Look at Beyond:Two Souls. You literally cannot fail. What is a game without challenge if it isn't shovelware?

Skyrim was pretty close. Sure, you can die. But you can't fail quests and despite having an in-game clock with day/night cycle and the game telling you the world will end if you don't do x, the antagonists will patiently wait in limbo until you show up to do anything. Companies need to stop shoving set pieces and "Epic" stories into everything whether they fit the gameplay or not.
#10zoogelioPosted 11/29/2013 6:46:09 AM
spartansbrother posted...
learn what shovelware is

hour of victory on xbox 360 is shovelware
something like cod is not shovelware

Cod is the shovelware of the sea.