like it or not the wiiu will survive

#1ghostofspartapPosted 11/29/2013 1:26:01 PM
it will not be the number one selling console of this next gen but it will survive it will have exclusive games that will make the trolls even angrier it will have more exclusives coming soon and in this holiday season its starting to prove that the wiiu will survive sorry trolls
---
all trolls must be ignored ignoring them only makes them more miserable welcome to my ignore list :D
#2lgiPosted 11/29/2013 1:31:52 PM
It's gotta do more than just survive. The way it looks now, it's not a wise investment for third party companies. The system will survive on the strength of it's first party titles.
#3Dannyson97Posted 11/29/2013 1:32:50 PM
I know this already. It will survive and make Nintendo a profit as always, while making the games I love as always.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#4mrtzeentchPosted 11/29/2013 1:40:19 PM
But Nintendo has show for better or worse that they don't need third party titles to survive. They've survived without them since the Nintendo 64. Yeah it sucks but their first party stuff has been so to-tier they've survived. Nintendo also have two distinct advantages:

The 3DS makes up for low Wii U sales

Their consoles generally have a larger profit margin. This is something lost on the middle school-aged kids who trolls these boards. If Nintendo sells 100K consoles and makes 10% profit and Sony sells 5 million consoles at a 5% loss, guess what? Nintendo makes more money.

Also consider that the Wii U hasn't sold as well as many people are sticking with the original Wii. Nintendo knows this and is even selling a new smaller Wii. Nintendo's angle seems to be that the Wii U is the "premium" version of the console. So even if it doesn't sell well, it won't hurt them.

To put it in perspective, Ford has sold Mustangs for nearly fifty years. In EVERY one of those years, the under-powered V6 model has outsold the V8. EVERY year. They're still building V8 Mustangs.

In other words, as long as Nintendo is making profit, which they are, the Wii U and the company will do fine.
#5o___OkamiPosted 11/29/2013 1:41:56 PM(edited)
Dannyson97 posted...
I know this already. It will survive and make Nintendo a profit as always, while making the games I love as always.

And continue the trend of Nintendo destroying their reputation, resulting in less profit for them next gen until they finally release a Dreamcast.
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
3DS FC: 0688-5364-0416 FS: Grumpig, Gothorita, Espurr
#6bond465Posted 11/29/2013 1:41:50 PM
Dannyson97 posted...

Minus the profit part, you're right. They are losing a ton of money on it.
#7Too_many_namesPosted 11/29/2013 1:44:35 PM
o___Okami posted...
And continue the trend of Nintendo destroying their reputation, resulting in less profit for them next gen until they finally release a Dreamcast.

Did the GC destroy their reputation, though? It was actually the Wii, their best selling console to date. The Wii U might do poorly, but it may also restore Nintendo's reputation to an extent (as long as we get good games, more "core" gamers will become interested in Nintendo again; Mario 3D World is a good start).

That is mere speculation, though. I actually don't like this thesis very much, but let's not rule out that possibility just yet.
---
An old man once told me: "No old man is to be trusted".
#8ArabrockermanXPosted 11/29/2013 1:54:21 PM
I'd like it but I'm a bit worried now, it needs a turn around badly otherwise investors may start demanding an end to it... At that point it is only a matter of time before it dies at the hands of current management or new management.
#9segagamerPosted 11/29/2013 2:04:27 PM
Wii U will definitely last the standard 5 years. idk about longer than that though.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#10Dannyson97Posted 11/29/2013 2:04:40 PM
bond465 posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

Minus the profit part, you're right. They are losing a ton of money on it.

PS3 and 360 were losing tons of money, and they pulled through. I know Nintendo can't take as much loss, but they'll make a profit in the end.
They're a game company it's all they've got so they to make it count, they've been doing this for 30 years and they have good management.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart