like it or not the wiiu will survive

#11HitagiPosted 11/29/2013 2:15:14 PM
It will survive for the next few years because Nintendo has spent way too much on R&D to kill it off prematurely.

Surviving isn't good enough, though. Gamecube "survived", but Nintendo consider it a complete failure. The Wii U is set to sell barely half of what the Gamecube did at the current rate. It is an abysmal failure and will do irreparable damage to Nintendo's image.
#12EasterEggHunterPosted 11/29/2013 2:21:02 PM(edited)
Hitagi posted...
It will survive for the next few years because Nintendo has spent way too much on R&D to kill it off prematurely.

Surviving isn't good enough, though. Gamecube "survived", but Nintendo consider it a complete failure. The Wii U is set to sell barely half of what the Gamecube did at the current rate. It is an abysmal failure and will do irreparable damage to Nintendo's image.

Proof that nintendo considers it a complete failure? I know i didn't sell as well as theyd hope but a COMPLETE failure? it still managed to make profit.
#13mrtzeentchPosted 11/29/2013 2:25:55 PM
Another scenario that no one considers is the Steambox. If Valve can get that Steambox to take off, it kind of kills most of the value of either the Xbox one or PS4. Sure both still have exclusives but as all of the Wii U haters say, its third party titles that matter, and third party titles are better on PC. If that happens, and people finally turn away from high powered dedicated consoles, it could give Nintendo an opening.

It's how I look at it. I opted for a gaming PC over either of the "high end" next gen systems. For a little more money I get a better system and games are substantially cheaper. I also get full backwards compatibility going back decades. So the Wii U is the only console that's of importance to me. I think others are coming to that same conclusion.

now, keep in mind that Nintendo is still run by inept, backwards idiots that will screw it all up. And to that point they need to let NoA take the reigns. Japan isn't a vital market anymore, the west especially the US is. Sony realized that and lets their US branch handle a lot more. Nintendo should do the same.