What is the worst thing Nintendo could do in response to poor Wii U sales?

#21Canas_RenvallPosted 12/1/2013 1:56:17 PM
I know it's Endgame, but I just have to say... Man... last I remember, even he said Super Mario Galaxy was good. And that was under Iwata.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#22GEKGanonPosted 12/1/2013 2:01:34 PM(edited)
Endgame posted...
fire Iwata. If that happened, we'd see a BOD appointed CEO who probably won't hold true to Nintendo values

you know who doesn't hold true to Nintendo values?

Iwata

but I agree that pulling the plug on Wii U and releasing a brand new console too early would be a bad move, what they should do for now is release a padless version of the console, sell it at a price that's profitable but still a good deal cheaper than the current model, then make an OS (for both existing and new models) that optimizes the hardware better (doesn't Wii U use half its RAM for the OS for the Miiverse bull****? get rid of that and dedicate more of the RAM for games)

try to salvage it

oh, and here's the most important part for a would be Iwata successor: what Nintendo needs to do most of all, what Nintendo slowly stopped doing altogether after Iwata took over, is MAKE GOOD GAMES

the real reason we hate Iwata is because he stopped Nintendo from MAKING GOOD GAMES

we loved Yamauchi's Nintendo because they MADE GOOD GAMES

Why does everyone think a padless version of the console is a good idea? That remains one of the worst ideas out there.

Aside from exclusive software, the gamepad is the only thing that makes the Wii U standout at all. If they drop the gamepad, they may as well just abandon the Wii U altogether and release a PS4/XBOne clone, because dropping the gamepad means that they essentially already have.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#23super_taco_ftwPosted 12/1/2013 1:59:10 PM
DDP886 posted...
Iwata should be fired
Wiiu is just downright failing

Just like the Wii, DS and 3DS, right?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4505-2766 (Excadrill/Klang/Mawile)
"I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!"- Light Yagami
#24DiscostewSMPosted 12/1/2013 2:00:23 PM
What is the worst thing Nintendo could do in response to poor Wii U sales?

Listen to the haters and wannabe business analysts on this board.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#25GEKGanonPosted 12/1/2013 2:02:19 PM
super_taco_ftw posted...
DDP886 posted...
Iwata should be fired

The Wii and the DS were never in these rough waters. The 3DS was. The other two? No.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#26TrixonePosted 12/1/2013 2:15:42 PM(edited)
The worst thing they can do is release and add-on system; which would 'increase the processing power' and charge you $179 extra. Then ditch them both. That's the worst lol.

I'd call that mythical system the Ultra Mega Force-9,000:XXX Mk. I
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: The Last of Us, BO2, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend
#27MilesTeg420Posted 12/2/2013 8:20:55 AM
GEKGanon posted...
super_taco_ftw posted...
DDP886 posted...
Iwata should be fired

The Wii and the DS were never in these rough waters. The 3DS was. The other two? No.

Actually DS wasn't exactly lighting up the charts after it released. It came just three years after GBA, that console was selling strong and had software. It wasn't until 2006 or so that DS started catching fire with DS Lite and the fact that GBA support was drying up. Of course, was it Wii U bad? No, but not many consoles are.
#28ssjgohhkuPosted 12/2/2013 8:34:05 AM
its_matt posted...
Discontinue it?
#29TurbokkPosted 12/2/2013 12:12:18 PM
Going out of business forever.
#30Lwaxana_TroiPosted 12/2/2013 12:15:31 PM
Why would they fire Iwata? lol

He's doing a fantastic job and fans love him.