Time for Nintendo to evolve Mario (Also goes for other Nintendo series)

#51GamerRafPosted 12/3/2013 7:26:26 PM
PangLa posted...
Mario ain't selling as much anymore. I think it's time for Nintendo to finally change Mario and have a complete overhaul of the franchise. A story and voice acting would be a start. Make us actually care about the characters, have a story that evoke emotions, telling their back stories etc. That's what people want these days (The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead, Bioshock Infinite, for example).

I would honestly stop buying Mario games if Nintendo did this.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#52SegavsCapcomPosted 12/3/2013 7:42:26 PM
Mario hasn't changed that much since inception and it is one of the most popular series on the planet.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#53LordHeskethPosted 12/4/2013 10:25:46 AM
I almost never bother posting here, but I'm really enjoying this thread. Great points from a lot of people. It's something that I've been thinking of a great deal over the last few weeks. I love the tradition and playability of Nintendo franchises, but there is no doubt that (to me) the company in general seems to be getting a bit stale. I LOVE Nintendo. I really do. It just feels that they're headed up by old guys that just have no new ideas lately, be it game or system. There is so much imagination and talent out there. I don't understand why we're not seeing more fresh ideas from Nintendo. Half of their stuff now is just rehashing old (albeit fantastic) titles.
---
CONGRATULATION
#54retrogoodsPosted 12/4/2013 10:35:23 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Mario hasn't changed that much since inception and it is one of the most popular series on the planet.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But can I do something other than save a stupid princess?
---
Video Game Critic (VGC) sucks. Probably one of the dumbest "reviewers" out there.
#55Nerreltron9000Posted 12/4/2013 5:04:25 PM
erasedMUSE posted...

SuigintouEV posted...

That's why I bought a WiiU, because I don't have to watch movie games.

You mean great games?

People like you are the ones who stop reading novels because you enjoy the pop up books too much.

What a breathtakingly stupid post.

Enjoy your poorly written, awkwardly animated Michael-Bay-reject-scripts with just enough QTE sequences to qualify as "games."