Reggie's VGX appearance includes a "world premiere"

#111TwilightEchoesPosted 12/3/2013 10:48:37 PM(edited)
I do really want to see more of X. Monolith Soft knows how to make a truly epic and rewarding RPG, if they proved anything with Xenoblade Chronicles.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#112harvestmoonmikePosted 12/3/2013 10:50:10 PM
I tried Xenoblade once, and the running and jumping was so distracting I couldn't play anymore... They need to fix that junk.

It's the little things that bother me, and while the overall gameplay structure that Monolith made may be well constructed, the basic mechanics have a huge lack of polish.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6t4FNRD.png
Duck Hunt Dog for Smash Bros.
#113HermeticJusticePosted 12/3/2013 10:52:11 PM
DrkVrtx posted...
I've learned to lower expectations to the floor when it comes to Nintendo hype.

Mega Man for Smash Bros.!!
#114skypunchPosted 12/3/2013 10:56:12 PM
harvestmoonmike posted...
I tried Xenoblade once, and the running and jumping was so distracting I couldn't play anymore... They need to fix that junk.

It's the little things that bother me, and while the overall gameplay structure that Monolith made may be well constructed, the basic mechanics have a huge lack of polish.

Pah, only wussy's like over polished games. Raw games rule. They're more punk!
#115TwilightEchoesPosted 12/3/2013 11:09:46 PM(edited)
harvestmoonmike posted...

The animation-work was odd, but the jumping was solid enough for its few situational purposes. Nothing was wrong with running though, unless you don't like their swagger or how the game speeds allies up to keep pace with you if you jump too far ahead of them. Mechanically it was just fine.

And really, Xenoblade does a lot of "little things" and polish that most RPG's of that scale lack. Being able to choose the time of day for quest-purposes and enemy spawns, convinient fast-travel options, memos and waypoints, and not having to return to quest-givers the vast majority of the time just to name a few.

The ally AI could be a bit crappy in certain scenarios and the level requirements to face enemies and bosses were oddly strict some of the time, but it was small stuff and that's really all I have to complain about gameplay-wise.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#116Lethal13Posted 12/4/2013 1:47:26 AM
Metroid, Zelda or Possibly a new IP

X looks amazing and I'm definitely going to buy it but it's already had 2 trailers so I hardly think it'd qualify as a world premier. Ditto Smash Bros, DKCTF and Bayonetta

Besides considering it's a full on presentation rather than a Nintendo Direct it seems like it's going to be something unseen before.

Very minor outside chance it could be F-ZERO but I get the feeling it's a game with a story for some reason. Still, can't wait for the 7th...My body is ready
#117skypunchPosted 12/4/2013 1:53:21 AM
Lethal13 posted...
Metroid, Zelda or Possibly a new IP

X looks amazing and I'm definitely going to buy it but it's already had 2 trailers so I hardly think it'd qualify as a world premier. Ditto Smash Bros, DKCTF and Bayonetta

Besides considering it's a full on presentation rather than a Nintendo Direct it seems like it's going to be something unseen before.

Very minor outside chance it could be F-ZERO but I get the feeling it's a game with a story for some reason. Still, can't wait for the 7th...My body is ready

The two X videos are actually just teasers for the game and it doesn't even have an official title yet. This would be the perfect opportunity for Nintendo to reveal a full trailer and official title.
#118cybersonic233Posted 12/4/2013 2:18:16 AM
Sonic in MK8 dont expect a new game or youll most likely be very disappointed
#119thefabregas22Posted 12/4/2013 2:18:35 AM
I want it to be the first gameplay of shin megami tensei cross fire emblem.... but I know it's gonna be cranky kong
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#120JackalPosted 12/4/2013 2:43:56 AM
I think that he's just going to say that they have so much information that they can't cover it all and that more info will be coming soon. Just like he's done before.

I want dare get my hopes up for and game info. That way I avoid disappointment when they make a new 3DS game announcement.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz