Why do Nintendo fans not like the Wii if it brought the Virtual Console

#1HermeticJusticePosted 12/3/2013 9:42:25 PM
I know emulation was rampant before, but for the first time Nintendo officially made it so you could play past Nintendo (and even Sega) games on the Wii

If anything, I could just buy a Wii, only play Virtual Console, and I'd be happy
#2Dux_XPosted 12/3/2013 9:50:05 PM
Wiggle waggle.

It also set the precedent (for Nintendo consoles) to need more than 1 type of controller to play games to their maximum convenience level.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#3WickedSickJoshPosted 12/3/2013 9:57:05 PM
Nintendo fans hated the Wii? I wouldn't say that. However I do agree that the Virtual Console was one of the biggest selling-points to me.
---
Currently playing: WWE 2K14 (PS3), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U), Pokemon Y (3DS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#4SuigintouEVPosted 12/3/2013 9:57:39 PM
Because the most cutting edge wii games looked blurry and jaggie as hell, totally ruining their amazing art direction and pretty draw distances to the point where some of us had to get Wii emulators just to play Wii games without being distracted.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#5HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 10:02:45 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
Because the most cutting edge wii games looked blurry and jaggie as hell, totally ruining their amazing art direction and pretty draw distances to the point where some of us had to get Wii emulators just to play Wii games without being distracted.

this is about NES, SNES, and N64 games (even Genesis) but it's not about Wii games

Also some of the Wii games looked gorgeous, but admittedly some need more work, but it's usually those games that where bad in quality in the first place
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 12/3/2013 10:14:24 PM
VC is a really good idea that they had. However, as far as pricing it compared to PSN's equivalent titles or to download titles as a whole, VC titles really are overpriced for what they are. The Wii U's VC leaves a lot to be desired as far as actually releasing the games, but it's a good service to have regardless.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#7HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 10:25:47 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
VC is a really good idea that they had. However, as far as pricing it compared to PSN's equivalent titles or to download titles as a whole, VC titles really are overpriced for what they are. The Wii U's VC leaves a lot to be desired as far as actually releasing the games, but it's a good service to have regardless.

IMO a more steady price point might be

NES titles - 3-5$ (depending on popularity and quality)

for instance SMB might be 3 or 4, but SMB3 would probably be 5

their current 5$ for SMB is a little to high, especially when they hardly have sales

SNES titles - 6-8$

this they might be able to change because of the difference in quality, but as much as I love Earthbound and I've been waiting for it, 10$ is too much

N64 titles - 9-12$
#8SuigintouEVPosted 12/3/2013 10:26:31 PM
HermeticJustice posted...
this is about NES, SNES, and N64 games (even Genesis) but it's not about Wii games

But you're saying the best argument for Wii is that it has a built-in emulator as an an alternative to PC emulators, even though the Wii itself was inferior to a Wii emulator.

Also some of the Wii games looked gorgeous, but admittedly some need more work, but it's usually those games that where bad in quality in the first place

Huh? Skyward Sword and Xenoblade were never bad in quality, they were just seriously hindered by the Wii. They look amazing when freed from those shackles.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#9HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 10:31:35 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
HermeticJustice posted...

But you're saying the best argument for Wii is that it has a built-in emulator as an an alternative to PC emulators, even though the Wii itself was inferior to a Wii emulator.

Huh? Skyward Sword and Xenoblade were never bad in quality, they were just seriously hindered by the Wii. They look amazing when freed from those shackles.

I don't think those games look that bad, then again I'm used to sprite based 2D gaming so anything crisp and 3D looks pretty great to me

also I'm not going to talk about emulating Nintendo games not through Nintendo consoles legally for obvious reasons >__>