Sign here if you know Reggie will disappoint in VGX

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sign here if you know Reggie will disappoint in VGX

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
3 years ago#1
If you know Reginald Fils-Aime and have been up to date with news for as long as I have, you probably know how His Shiny Chiness is known to hype the most disappointing reveals, videos or updates ever.

If you're as sure as I am that he's going to VGX to show something 'meh' like footage on MK or DK TF (a game with a demo that was already played in multiple areas), nothing truly 'new' at all as far as 2014 releases go, or worse something new but that nobody gives a damn about...
Sign here.

Keep in mind I'm excited for MK8 and I know DK TF is a very good game to look forward to. But considering what we know of 2014 WITH CERTAINTY hyping for something like this is a bad idea.
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
Got Dillon's Rolling Western? Help make the game's board more active!

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 years ago#2
Up til now nintendo have said upfront what was going to be shown and playable at various events throughout the year. Mk and dk were among them. This seems a bit different and more of a surprise
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
3 years ago#3
Signed, just because I've gotten excited before about things and left feeling like a turd was dropped on my head.
Stay off the sidewalk if you don't like the way I drive

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 years ago#4
*signs*
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
3 years ago#5
Bring on X. I won't be disappointed.
I play Sony and Nintendo. I guess I'm hardcore, right? :P

User Info: blankempathy

blankempathy
3 years ago#6
Just don't get your hopes up and you won't be dissapointed. Even if reggie showed a zelda u trailer people would still be dissapointed because "why not starfox/metroid etc"
I like video games.

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#7
Reggie and Dorito Pope will be there? Both are professional hype men, the entire event will likely be disappointing.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: Whiteout_2

Whiteout_2
3 years ago#8
Reggie tends to overhype things, but I'll still be paying attention.

*signs I guess?*
You this read wrong.
http://mkboards.com

User Info: FenderMaster

FenderMaster
3 years ago#9
Sign I suppose, Nintendo underwhelms more often than they don't.

It's gonna be a SSB character or two revealed, a MK8 trailer, some DKC TT videos and lots of talk about how great SM3DW and LoZ LBW were.

If they do show a new game I REALLY hope it isn't another 2D sidescroller or a mini game collection or a rhythm game. I'm not holding my breath though.
http://www.jvp-boston.org

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#10
The game may not, but Reggie will definitely disappoint. I remember back when he was awesome. Now the magic's gone.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sign here if you know Reggie will disappoint in VGX

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived