Even if the Wii U ends up selling alright, 3D wolrd failing is very bad news for

#1guedesbrawlPosted 12/5/2013 4:55:58 AM
3rd parties.

"If mario isn't selling well, how will MY game sell?!"

Getting overshadowed by Nintendo's own franchises is one of the things that generally keeps them away from Nintendo though there are other factors, some much more important).

Failing to sell that well, and failing to bring more 3rd parties isn't good for nintendo, obviously... but this consequence can keep living on beyond the Wii u's lifetime. If they can't get solid 3rd party support now, they will have much trouble with it when the time for the Wii U's successor arrive is nigh.

though there are still sales to be done in the holidays and digital sales which are unaccounted for. So maybe this won't turn up to be that bad before much damage is dealt.... again.

at the very least i know nintendo is safe thanks to the money they have, but i wonder what's keeping them from dishing out some of it to save the wii u? in the long terms they can get that money back and much more!
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#2aiyobroPosted 12/5/2013 4:57:35 AM
Call of duty

need for speed

these are things that don't sell multimillion copies on the Nintendo console...
#3niels200683Posted 12/5/2013 4:58:27 AM
Or they can think: Hey, mario is no longer as popular as it once was - that means there is an entire market of prospective buyers for me!
---
Doris Lessing:
There's no fool like an intellectual - a kind of clever stupidity bred out of a line of logic in the head, nothing to do with experience.
#4userfrigginamePosted 12/5/2013 5:00:17 AM
How many units has 3D World sold anyway? I wonder why more ppl haven't bought a game for a console that doesn't have the biggest selection of games. Anyway, I don't think third party support should be important for the Wii U. I mean, ppl are naturally gonna go with the third party games that are on the stronger consoles. Or at least ppl who own more than one console.
#5nonexistingheroPosted 12/5/2013 5:04:53 AM
350k and it'll probably be over a million within a year from now and it'll probably do 5+ million lifetime sales.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6KAMMYqueenPosted 12/5/2013 5:10:18 AM
but it's not failing.....
---
It's times for a Revolution, my kids KAMMY KOOPA should be in Super Smash Bros 4.
#7squatch22Posted 12/5/2013 5:12:22 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
but it's not failing.....

This.
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8Tortus2Posted 12/5/2013 5:26:17 AM
I'm enjoying this "failure" of a game as people seem to be calling it a whole lot. Even though the sales aren't as terrible as some people think, that doesn't mean the game itself is bad.

I'd think most people don't buy consoles just for one game they would like to play.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#9Neo_HeartlessPosted 12/5/2013 5:31:41 AM
Tortus2 posted...
I'm enjoying this "failure" of a game as people seem to be calling it a whole lot. Even though the sales aren't as terrible as some people think, that doesn't mean the game itself is bad.

I'd think most people don't buy consoles just for one game they would like to play.

I bought a PSP for Monster Hunter.

But I understand that's the exception rather than the rule. I certainly didn't get my WiiU for monster hunter... h-ha ha... yes...

[Nervous Humming Intensifies]
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#10AceMosPosted 12/5/2013 6:04:56 AM
out side of japan (where 3d mario games never do amazign jsut good which this is so far doing in japan) we do not have any sales numbers
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*