Being a massive fan of Zelda...

#1BaconPancakesPosted 12/5/2013 6:26:00 PM
Zelda games just aren't really all that good in total. The first two Zelda games were outstanding masterpieces, of course. The original Zelda revolutionized aspects of gaming only a year after Super Mario Bros. had done so. Heading into the sixteenth bit era, A Link to the Past built on the original formula and updated it...but other than that it merely showed off some puzzle technology with the Dark World and that was it. I think ALttP is one of the better Zelda games, though I always felt that I'd rather play a more polished game like Super Metroid instead.

Then comes along the so called "masterpiece" Ocarina of Time. I don't see what people see in it, it's a great game, sure...but it's barely a masterpiece with some of the horrid design choices and padding which make the game obnoxious at times. Most of the stuff that is attacked for in Skyward Sword is present in Ocarina of Time, it's just blind nostalgia which stops Ocarina of Time from being attacked.

So what's next? Well average action-adventure games of course. Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game since Ocarina of Time to actually be of good game design. There are many questionable things in Skyward Sword which make the game somewhat obnoxious itself. I've yet to play A Link Between Worlds, though I worry that Zelda games just aren't of quality like they were up until Gamecube. Now I'm not saying that The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are bad games, they're just not as good as they should have been. This is talking from an objective viewpoint as well, considering I believe The Wind Waker to be a worse game than Ocarina of Time, I happen to love The Wind Waker a lot more.

Will a new Zelda game be enough to help the Wii U? I don't think so, not unless they really pick their game up and release a masterpiece like all Zelda games should be.
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#2userfrigginamePosted 12/5/2013 6:30:48 PM(edited)
I really enjoyed Ocarina of Time, as well as Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Just my two cents.
#3VoelgerPosted 12/5/2013 6:31:01 PM
This is your opinion and I disagree
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#4BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 6:32:10 PM
Voelger posted...

Well of course it's my opinion. I don't think that anybody could objectively say that any main Zelda game is bad.
---
#5RevolutionZealPosted 12/5/2013 6:34:37 PM(edited)
The first two zelda games are overrated. The DS games are way better than any Zelda game period.

Yes, I'm joking. But yeah, opinion accepted.
#6VoelgerPosted 12/5/2013 6:35:09 PM(edited)
Can I ask how old are you? I mean no disrespect but I'm curious whether you played these games at their time or recently?

Each one of these games revolutionized games in some way!

---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#7SonytendoPosted 12/5/2013 6:34:27 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
Voelger posted...

Well of course it's my opinion. I don't think that anybody could objectively say that any main Zelda game is bad.

Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link
#8BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 6:36:57 PM
Voelger posted...
Can I ask how old are you? I mean no disrespect but I'm curious whether you played these games at their time or recently?

Each one of these games revolutionized games in some way!

My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past. I started playing it when I was five. I'm twenty-one.
---
#9BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 6:37:41 PM
Sonytendo posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Voelger posted...

Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link

I love that game...many people do. Only thing I could say that's bad about it is how unforgiving it can be early in the game.
---
#10HermeticJusticePosted 12/5/2013 6:40:40 PM
Zelda definitely has the most interesting series of games

Even if you dislike a title, you have to admit, it's not the games fault, but because of an opinion

Now if there was ever a Zelda game like Superman 64 that would be bad