Being a massive fan of Zelda...

#61BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 4:37:27 PM
Wildspark posted...
Can you explain why you love Skyward Sword? In my opinion, it's the worst 3d Zelda game. The other games felt epic and fun, but skyward sword felt like the developers barely put any effort into it. The puzzles were simple, the world was boring and the controls were really wonky. I like ocarina of time a lot more, and I'm not blinded by nostalgia because the first time that I played it was last year.

Only because you're not blinded by nostalgia I will respond.

I don't love Skyward Sword to begin. There's only two Zelda games I love and those are ALttP and OoT. I like how Skyward Sword changed things up. The puzzle element in Skyward Sword was reduced to the simplicity of those in ALttP. Skyward Sword typically does what ALttP does, it focuses more on combat than puzzle elements. Many of the puzzles just happen to be involved with combat more than anything else. I do see why you think that the developers put barely any effort into Skyward Sword as I actually agree with you to an extent. The game feels rushed and has many moments where it is boring due to filler. Thank you for being rational unlike many fools previously. :3
---
PS3 - Matface. Wii U - SnoringSnorlax. X360 - xTourniqueTx.
#62Metal_MercenaryPosted 12/10/2013 4:52:53 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
ShioonVailglory posted...
Like you, clearly.

Not at all. I dislike Twilight Princess with a passion, though if one were to say they'd like or even love the game, it wouldn't bother me at all. I wouldn't even question why they like/love it. Are you an alt account for Metal Merc?

Had to laugh at this accusation. I've got better things to do on a Tuesday night like watch football and cook dinner after work than make alternate accounts on GameFAQs to use in pointless debates about video games. I like to think I can back my own arguments up with just the one account, thanks.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#63BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 4:55:04 PM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Like you, clearly.

Not at all. I dislike Twilight Princess with a passion, though if one were to say they'd like or even love the game, it wouldn't bother me at all. I wouldn't even question why they like/love it. Are you an alt account for Metal Merc?

Had to laugh at this accusation. I've got better things to do on a Tuesday night like watch football and cook dinner after work than make alternate accounts on GameFAQs to use in pointless debates about video games. I like to think I can back my own arguments up with just the one account, thanks.

Yeah, you have got better things to do, like spend your time on here forcing your opinion on others. Bye bye for real :3
---
#64Metal_MercenaryPosted 12/10/2013 4:58:37 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
How am I lying? It's not like I'm saying that the quests I mentioned involve doing things differently. Also, I don't care about Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. You dislike them, good for you, that's your opinion and I respect that. If the Kikwis are filler, then so happens to be everything I mentioned about Ocarina of Time. Sure the training grounds are optional, but it's still pointless, especially for an item you will almost never use. Just another way to extend time in the game. How I compare the Kikwis with let's say the Gerudo Fortress. Both situations require you to look for things in order to go further. They're almost the exactly the same. Why are you being so hostile?

Also, to the bloke above, I stated that this is my opinion. I have said this many times throughout this thread. The problem is that people like Metal Merc can't handle different opinions as it's too much for his brain to handle. If he wants to call me a liar and go on like a child, then he can do that.

Because unlike the Kikwis, the Gerudo Training Ground isn't forced on you in order to progress to the Spirit Temple. The game doesn't suddenly decide "now if you want to enter the Desert Colossus, you must prove your worth in the training ground!" Because this is exactly what Skyward Sword would do. The Kikwis are completely pointless and are designed to be a fetch quest using the tedious dousing mechanic in a dull forest that you're shoehorned into after the long boring 3 hour tutorial on Skyloft. Saving the carpenters is part of Ocarina of Time's plot in finding out more about the Gerudo (the race the main villain hails from) and the sixth Sage when you're in the desert.

The training ground is optional, therefore you aren't forced to do it, therefore it isn't filler. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

There's some irony in calling me a child, when all you can really do is use some below the belt childish retort because you don't really have anything to counter my arguments with. I comprehensively showed you why your 'arguments' were just lies, and you've failed to respond so all you can do is resort to petty insults. Shame really, but nice to know you're making it easy for me.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#65Metal_MercenaryPosted 12/10/2013 5:01:09 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Like you, clearly.

Yeah, you have got better things to do, like spend your time on here forcing your opinion on others. Bye bye for real :3

I don't know, I'm not the one who made an entire topic about it, thus inviting others to comment and debate which is what I've done. That's the point of a message board, right? To share opinions? I'm sorry that you're the one who can't handle different opinions, so I don't know why you bothered originally starting the topic if you couldn't take it. You've made your own bed here I'm afraid mate, now you've got to lie in it.
---
#66BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 6:21:17 AM
BaconPancakes posted...
How am I lying? It's not like I'm saying that the quests I mentioned involve doing things differently. Also, I don't care about Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. You dislike them, good for you, that's your opinion and I respect that. If the Kikwis are filler, then so happens to be everything I mentioned about Ocarina of Time. Sure the training grounds are optional, but it's still pointless, especially for an item you will almost never use. Just another way to extend time in the game. How I compare the Kikwis with let's say the Gerudo Fortress. Both situations require you to look for things in order to go further. They're almost the exactly the same. Why are you being so hostile?

Also, to the bloke above, I stated that this is my opinion. I have said this many times throughout this thread. The problem is that people like Metal Merc can't handle different opinions as it's too much for his brain to handle. If he wants to call me a liar and go on like a child, then he can do that.

Because unlike the Kikwis, the Gerudo Training Ground isn't forced on you in order to progress to the Spirit Temple. The game doesn't suddenly decide "now if you want to enter the Desert Colossus, you must prove your worth in the training ground!" Because this is exactly what Skyward Sword would do. The Kikwis are completely pointless and are designed to be a fetch quest using the tedious dousing mechanic in a dull forest that you're shoehorned into after the long boring 3 hour tutorial on Skyloft. Saving the carpenters is part of Ocarina of Time's plot in finding out more about the Gerudo (the race the main villain hails from) and the sixth Sage when you're in the desert.

The training ground is optional, therefore you aren't forced to do it, therefore it isn't filler. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

There's some irony in calling me a child, when all you can really do is use some below the belt childish retort because you don't really have anything to counter my arguments with. I comprehensively showed you why your 'arguments' were just lies, and you've failed to respond so all you can do is resort to petty insults. Shame really, but nice to know you're making it easy for me.

I'm comparing Gerudo Fortress to the Kikwis, not the Training Grounds. Also, your below post makes you a complete hypocrite. Get over it, I have a different opinion than you; but I respect your opinion, learn to respect mine.
---