One year later, your thoughts on ZombiU?

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 12/6/2013 1:59:59 AM
Topic

I loved the game. Yeah sure, you're only melee weapon was a cricket bat, but it got the job done and conserved that precious ammo. I also loved the strategy involved in picking apart groups of zombies one by one using as little ammo as possible. Lastly, although some segments are scripted, most of the game wasn't scripted to the point that the exact same enemies would be in the exact same spot every time.

A year later, what are your thoughts on the game?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2Sir_HaxorPosted 12/6/2013 2:03:53 AM
I loved it. It's the closest thing I've felt to RE since the GC remake. I played through Bioshock 1 with the wrench 80% of the time and use the knife in RE when I can so cricket bat only didn't bother me.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#3PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 2:17:47 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
I loved it. It's the closest thing I've felt to RE since the GC remake. I played through Bioshock 1 with the wrench 80% of the time and use the knife in RE when I can so cricket bat only didn't bother me.

Lol Bioshocks wrench > than any other weapon in the game XD
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4STN79Posted 12/6/2013 2:24:47 AM
I knew this game would be a flash in the pan the moment i heard about it. Even the name alone screams mediocre. The whole idea of smacking british zombies around with a cricket bat just sounded stupid. I'd rather have a wide assortment of guns as in the resident Evil games. I did try the demo of Zombi U and within 10 minutes i said nope this ain't nothin special. I deleted it and soon forgot it even existed. Even the developers were dissapointed at the lackluster sales and said no sequel is likely to ever happen. It's for the best.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#5PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 2:32:49 AM
STN79 posted...
I'd rather have a wide assortment of guns...

Youre definetly not missing anything then, this game isn't for you.
---
#6MaciverPosted 12/6/2013 3:25:08 AM
Amazing! Most underrated game of all time! x
---
Wii-U addy BEADY MINK
#7MaciverPosted 12/6/2013 3:27:02 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
STN79 posted...
I'd rather have a wide assortment of guns...

Youre definetly not missing anything then, this game isn't for you.

LOL yep! Guns galore killstreak!!!
---
Wii-U addy BEADY MINK
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 12/6/2013 3:36:52 AM
STN79 posted...
I knew this game would be a flash in the pan the moment i heard about it. Even the name alone screams mediocre. The whole idea of smacking british zombies around with a cricket bat just sounded stupid. I'd rather have a wide assortment of guns as in the resident Evil games. I did try the demo of Zombi U and within 10 minutes i said nope this ain't nothin special. I deleted it and soon forgot it even existed. Even the developers were dissapointed at the lackluster sales and said no sequel is likely to ever happen. It's for the best.

But... the game DID have a selection of guns.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9FreedomOfToughtPosted 12/6/2013 3:47:05 AM
I liked the gameplay and especially the atmpsphere, this game IS a survival horror, unlike all the other who have this title but are basically shooter with zombie instead of enemy soldier.

However, i dislike their choices for the story, why couldn't it just be "hey, zombies are everywhere, you gotta survive and try to escape" did we really need the John Dee and the Crows thing?in a game based on the "realism" of a zombie apocalypse?that was anti-climatic.The guy that helped you with the prepper and the doctor were fine, the medieval magic aspect was just...unneeded.

It's a solid 7/10(not by the stupid nowadays standards videogame voting sistem where less than 8.5 is bad), good for a launch title and with good gamepad use, i would play a sequel.
Its repetitiveness was overshadowed by the constant fear of dying, you're always at risk, every single zombie can be a threath, and if there's more than two, you really gotta plan your movement or you'll be eaten.
I still play it from time to time in the "hardcore" mode just to see how far i can get with just one guy.
---
NNID : SixSeasonAndWiiU
#10guedesbrawlPosted 12/6/2013 3:55:04 AM
never played it, but i hate the genre, so i kn ow i'll find it average at best.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto