Super mario 3d world sales well in North america

#11BjornAgainstPosted 12/6/2013 9:28:46 PM
Weltall548 posted...
BjornAgainst posted...
Unless 75% of the people who purchased the system bought Call of Duty that number is not even possible to achieve

Pretty much everybody buys COD.

Not anyone I know. I realize it is one of the biggest selling franchises of all time, but there are lots of people who hate it as well. I challenge you to find me a single non-bundled game that sold to 75% of the owners of any given console. An attach rate that high is unheard of, no other Call of Duty game has ever even come close to that, in fact none of them have even done half that good.
#12king_maddenPosted 12/6/2013 9:41:53 PM
BjornAgainst posted...
Weltall548 posted...
BjornAgainst posted...
Unless 75% of the people who purchased the system bought Call of Duty that number is not even possible to achieve

Not anyone I know. I realize it is one of the biggest selling franchises of all time, but there are lots of people who hate it as well. I challenge you to find me a single non-bundled game that sold to 75% of the owners of any given console. An attach rate that high is unheard of, no other Call of Duty game has ever even come close to that, in fact none of them have even done half that good.

So there's no proof or anything, just "well it hasn't happened before so it can never happen".
#13FeiBenaresPosted 12/6/2013 10:03:27 PM
Xcellent!!!
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#14BjornAgainstPosted 12/6/2013 10:12:54 PM
king_madden posted...
BjornAgainst posted...
Weltall548 posted...
BjornAgainst posted...

So there's no proof or anything, just "well it hasn't happened before so it can never happen".

Do you have proof the quoted number is accurate? Or do you just think if VGChartz says it is true it must true?

VGChartz has gotten numbers wrong before, no game has sold with a 75% attach rate any more. I think the chances are better that VGChartz got it wrong than the possibility that Call of Duty shattered a record that no other game has even come close to.
#15king_maddenPosted 12/6/2013 10:31:10 PM
BjornAgainst posted...
king_madden posted...
BjornAgainst posted...
Weltall548 posted...
BjornAgainst posted...

Do you have proof the quoted number is accurate? Or do you just think if VGChartz says it is true it must true?

VGChartz has gotten numbers wrong before, no game has sold with a 75% attach rate any more. I think the chances are better that VGChartz got it wrong than the possibility that Call of Duty shattered a record that no other game has even come close to.

Kind of like how Sony and ms broke records that no one else has come close to before? Could it be wrong? Sure, but just saying oh it's wrong because it's never been done before is silly.

Especially considering a lot of places did bundle the game with the console.
#16kyle78Posted 12/7/2013 3:29:00 AM
The numbers for ghosts on xone and x360 are mixed up, this list is invalid.
---
X360-KyleHboc<>PSN-KyleHbocc<>STEAM-Kylehboc
Lets play liberal slaughter..........
#17FayeLadyPosted 12/7/2013 5:34:39 AM
BjornAgainst posted...
Weltall548 posted...
BjornAgainst posted...

The week the PS4 came out in NA and sold 1 million units COD also sold with about 75% of them. Technically 69%. COD is popular, particularly with those dedicated enough to buy a console at launch
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#18king_maddenPosted 12/7/2013 6:12:28 AM
kyle78 posted...
The numbers for ghosts on xone and x360 are mixed up, this list is invalid.

seeing as though COD on 360 is listed as selling 4.6 million, I doubt they have those mixed up.
#19The_Shadow_LinkPosted 12/7/2013 7:13:17 AM
Yeah that's Worldwide Sales, not NA, you can tell because Lightning Returns is on the list. When it won't be out in America until February next year.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble. Those Worldwide Sales aren't all that great.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#20deathwave21Posted 12/7/2013 8:03:06 AM
Mozillla posted...
i don't know if anyone has posted this already but...

http://www.vgchartz.com

1 XOne Call of Duty: Ghosts 755,462
2 X360 Call of Duty: Ghosts 474,228
3 3DS The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 471,327
4 PS3 Call of Duty: Ghosts 443,024
5 XOne Battlefield 4 436,069
6 XOne Forza Motorsport 5 423,317
7 WiiU Super Mario 3D World 381,330
8 XOne Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 331,032
9 XOne FIFA Soccer 14 304,445
10 PS3 Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 285,679

also the wii U saw a spike in sales

You left off all the PS4 games.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!