Why doesn't Nintendo make any REALISTIC games (Nintendo fan).

#1BissomoneybagsPosted 12/10/2013 12:02:48 PM
I really do love Nintendo and the work that they've done in the past up until now, but one thing that always bothered me about this system is that they always shaft the older age groups when it comes to gaming. I'm not saying that they should become like Sony or Microsoft, I would just like to see a couple games with some realism and deep, emotional impact. If they added a couple games like that to their library, I would instantly buy the Wii U. Does anyone else feel this way? Something like the Last of Us or along those lines. And yes, I know people will talk Twilight Princess, but that's only one out of hundreds of titles. Why not a realistic Mario game or Zelda game? Something along those lines. Comments welcome:)

P.S. No fan, graphics, or system wars.
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 12/10/2013 12:06:13 PM
Because most games on Sony and MS consoles are so realistic.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Pokemon X FC: 2191-7658-4003
#3VideoGamer1990Posted 12/10/2013 12:07:17 PM
One more question: Do they really need to?
---
I got my wish for Breath of Fire VI.....but you know the rest. *sits in dark corner*
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641219
#4overkillwfo1978Posted 12/10/2013 12:10:11 PM
I, too, hope Nintendo makes a brown and grey, gritty Mario reboot. My idea?...

Call of Plumber: Black Pipes

It could have multiplayer maps with Toad, Princess Peach, Luigi and of course, a zombie mode!!! Luigi could be the best sniper, Toad handles explosives, Peach is an assault rifle expert.... and don't forget the K/D ratio!

Paint the Mushroom Kingdom red with the entrails of your fallen enemies

Coming this fall.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#5VirtuaSnipaPosted 12/10/2013 12:10:48 PM
Bissomoneybags posted...
realism and deep, emotional impact.

I don't need a video game that does this when real life throws this at me 24/7.

Look...the games that influence this have RPG elements. If i'm playing a video game I don't want to feel like i'm playing a sports simulator, I would rather have something mind blowing that does NOT have to do with something thats common. This coming from a guy that owns a metric crap ton of consoles an games.
---
Dark Souls? Hard?!
You clearly haven't played Resonance of Fate.
#6vectorman5Posted 12/10/2013 12:11:25 PM
Games AREN'T REAL. being realistic has nothing to do with their age appeal since it's currently an impossible endeavor.
If you're just talking about why Nintendo's never tried to appeal to a fourteen year old boy's definition of 'mature' than I truly feel sorry for you.
There's a difference between a game for kids, and a game that appeals to all ages.

here's an game example and a movie example of each:

For kids: Hoodwinked (movie), any insultingly simplistic licensed title (games)

For all ages: Up (movie), Mario 3D World (games)
---
bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
#7jsb0714Posted 12/10/2013 12:15:42 PM
Want Realistic? Then turn off the video games! There is a real world out there, you know.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#8SuigintouEVPosted 12/10/2013 12:24:04 PM(edited)
Bissomoneybags posted...
I really do love Nintendo and the work that they've done in the past up until now, but one thing that always bothered me about this system is that they always shaft the older age groups when it comes to gaming.

No, they don't. Nintendo publishes games like Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, X, Bayonetta 2 and yet no one even notices. And art style does not have anything to do with age appeal. All of those games appeal more to grown ups than anyone else.

I would just like to see a couple games with some realism and deep, emotional impact.

So a once in a generation game? Because that's what those are. Incedentally, as far as depth and emotional impact goes, I'm not sure a game on any system has ever approached Majora's Mask.

As for realism, that's in the eye of the beholder. It's not about graphics style or setting.

If they added a couple games like that to their library, I would instantly buy the Wii U.

Nintendo is not trying to mimic hollywood. Naughty Dawg etc are. NTTAWWT but you have to realize that they're a tokyo based GAME company not an America based company which strive to blur the gap between games and other media. Nintendo makes pure video games. They don't however stop 3rd parties from making american style games, like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, or Assassin's Creed IV - All of which are on WiiU.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#9AndoMikePosted 12/10/2013 12:29:12 PM
Pretty sure Mario would stop being "Mario" if it was developed as a real-world realistic game. Not to mention I wouldn't ever waste my time with it. If I am going to play a Mario game, it better feel like a Mario game.
---
NNID: AndoMike
PSN: AndoMike
#10P-APEPosted 12/10/2013 12:29:34 PM
Why bothering about this if you are playing already, real life!