Why doesn't Nintendo make any REALISTIC games (Nintendo fan).

#91erasedMUSEPosted 12/27/2013 12:46:02 AM
Videogamegalaxy posted...
Star Fox is realistic because of the way the story is presented. People betray others, people age, people die. Star Fox characters are basically humans with animal heads.

Metroid is realistic because it's basically Alien the Game

Fire Emblem is a realistic portrayal of medieval times

F-Zero is realistic because it has gambling, beer, and gangs.

Zelda is realistic because of how the story is laid out, like with Star Fox

These series may have some fantasy elements, but are just as realistic as Halo and Metal Gear (which also have fantasy elements).

lol
---
Favorite bands in no particular order: 1) Muse 2) Editors 3) Interpol 4) The National
Gaming Systems I own: PS2, PS3, 3DS, Vita, & semi gaming PC
#92ADHDguitarPosted 12/27/2013 12:47:01 AM
Realistic games? Sure.

Realistic Mario game?

Are you high bro?
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#93Based_God1Posted 12/27/2013 12:51:33 AM
They did make a realistic game. It's called Gaper Mario
---
Not changing sig til the Atlanta Falcons win the Superbowl!
#94LightHawKnightPosted 12/27/2013 12:57:10 AM
Cause graphics is utterly pointless. No need to waste so much cash on something so useless. Realism is garbage and an utter waste of money. That is why developers are folding left and right. Waste of money when good artwork works just as well and even better. Just cause something isn't done in live action doesn't mean it can't be for adults. What kind of childish mindset is it that anything that is animated is for children?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#95chillvPosted 12/27/2013 12:59:27 AM
Pikmin
Mario & Sonic at the Olimpic Games
Nintendo Land
Several games that use the miis

However, most of Nintendo's franchises wouldn't look right if they were realistic. They would have to completely change the artstyle. Speaking of the artstyle, aiming for realism can really set limits on an artstyle because certain artstyles can look really out of place in realistic environments.
#96FlyinTonitePosted 12/27/2013 1:03:22 AM
Realistic games, to me, age like complete dog ****. I prefer games with style over realism. Mario, zelda, jet set radio, that upcoming sunset overdrive, etc.
---
In real life and online I'm a complete self-centered jerk, consistency at its finest.
#97Devilman_AmonPosted 12/27/2013 11:36:39 AM
They funded and made a 2nd party Wii game that was pretty awesome (Slashing of Reginleiv) that was based in Norse Mythology.

Too bad NoA was too stupid to localize it. Probably because it was 'too bloody for teh kiddy kids of 'Mericuh'

Same with Disaster: Day of Crisis (EU only), Fatal Frame IV & II remake (EU only) and Another Code R (EU only). 2nd party Nintendo funded exclusives that NoA failed to localize....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#98Devilman_AmonPosted 12/27/2013 11:43:01 AM(edited)
85090578765572 posted...
They tried this with Metroid Other M and everyone got upset that Samus had a personality all of a sudden, so I can imagine them being apprehensive. Now making an entirely new IP in this manner might be a better idea, but don't hold your breath I'd say.

The problem with Other M was it was written by an archaic Japanese "class system" chauvanistic writer that failed to grasp the popularity of his character growing in the West as an empowering stoic female icon. So he catered instead to the traditional Japanese view on women as second class citizens and the weaker sex mentally and being fiercly loyal and obedient without question, even if the person in higher position is clearly wrong (something highly done in Japanese society).

Now if he'd have just rewatched the first two Alien movies and drew more inspiration from the empowering and survivalist Ripley character (Sigourney Weaver) and just designed Samus personality off that instead of fearful, helpless and obedient kawaiiness that he did, then it would have faired better...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#99ZBug_Posted 12/28/2013 12:40:12 AM
I love how people ask, "Why doesn't nintendo make 'realistic games'". But you never see anyone ask "Why doesn't activision make any Cartoony CoD games?"
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook
#100Dark_Link92Posted 12/28/2013 4:21:17 AM
I definitely agree. Xenoblade, a couple of Zelda games that don't even have voice acting and a Metroid every 3 years doesn't really do it. I'm not looking for 6 hour campaign movies, but a more realistic game about regular humans with a good story, emotional investment and great graphics wouldn't go amiss once in a while. It'd at least give them a break from their "kiddy" image. They need some new franchises anyway.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.