Honestly...the Wii U...

#1LickChopsPosted 12/10/2013 4:50:49 PM
Makes a great party system. I seriously have some good times with friends playing the multiplayer games like Nintendo Land and other things on it. No one flocks to my PS3 (for example) because of it. The lower specs don't bother me and it is going to roll out some games soon...but I seriously hope the account system gets fixed as It's keeping me from the convenience of owning a few digital games I may want and mine still has the freezing issue.

I think it's Nintendo's attempt to mimic what the other companies like Sony have done, but they seem confused and out of touch with everything lately and I'm not sure why. Do you think it's a cultural thing? I would love to say that...yet the PS4 is also from a Japanese-based company. I have become increasingly confused at their decisions lately.
---
I am female but for the sake of these boards, I am now male.
#2lgiPosted 12/10/2013 4:55:15 PM
It depends on the games, no? Your friends don't go near the ps3, but what games do you have to offer? I remember other systems being used way more than the Wii. The Wii was fun at first, with the Wii Sports, but after a while, you realized that it wasn't a great game, lol. We went back to our fighting games, shooting games, sports games, etc.
#3Numbuh100Posted 12/10/2013 4:58:19 PM
lgi posted...
It depends on the games, no? Your friends don't go near the ps3, but what games do you have to offer? I remember other systems being used way more than the Wii. The Wii was fun at first, with the Wii Sports, but after a while, you realized that it wasn't a great game, lol. We went back to our fighting games, shooting games, sports games, etc.

Mario Party 8, Mario Party 9, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. There are a lot to get your friends to play together with. Better than multiplayer games on Sony/Microsoft consoles.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
Savior....
#4Gene93Posted 12/10/2013 5:00:40 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
lgi posted...

Mario Party 8, Mario Party 9, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. There are a lot to get your friends to play together with. Better than multiplayer games on Sony/Microsoft consoles.

Nah
#5WildsparkPosted 12/10/2013 5:01:37 PM
Gene93 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
lgi posted...

Nah

---
Peeps be getting deep sixed!- Daxter
#6segagamerPosted 12/10/2013 5:02:16 PM
Agreed. I've hosted two parties (one with 3 friends, one with 4) with the Wii U.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#7Numbuh100Posted 12/10/2013 5:03:35 PM
Wildspark posted...
Gene93 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
lgi posted...

Nah

Okay, enjoy your generic shooters and racers.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg
Savior....
#8userfrigginamePosted 12/10/2013 5:07:59 PM
It really does. It offers the best same-room multiplayer games... or at least will. With the history of Nintendo games like Mario Party, Kart, Tennis, and Super Smash, and Super Mario games, there's no doubt it'll be the console to have friends over for. I will say tho, that sports games like Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, and NHL are great games for same-room multiplayer, but that's pretty much it. Shooters like CoD with Spec Ops missions are great for same-room co-op, but nothing more than that.
#9CLupulaPosted 12/10/2013 5:13:34 PM
lgi posted...
It depends on the games, no? Your friends don't go near the ps3, but what games do you have to offer?

Exactly. If you don't have a lot of local multiplayer PS3 games, of course your friends aren't going to want to play it together. But if you whip out stuff like Castle Crashers or Castlevania: Harmony of Despair or Dragon's Crown or Twisted Metal, you can have a ton of fun with friends over. And that's just if you want to all play at once.

The most fun I ever have with friends over is when we do fighting games like Super Street Fighter IV AE or Mortal Kombat or BlazBlue. When my old roommate had a house-warming party, Injustice was the biggest draw for everyone.

Then there's also stuff like Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia, which I personally hate playing multiplayer for, but one of my friends invites her friends over when she plays so they can be the rest of her party.
#10LickChops(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 5:21:15 PM
userfrigginame posted...
It really does. It offers the best same-room multiplayer games... or at least will. With the history of Nintendo games like Mario Party, Kart, Tennis, and Super Smash, and Super Mario games, there's no doubt it'll be the console to have friends over for. I will say tho, that sports games like Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, and NHL are great games for same-room multiplayer, but that's pretty much it. Shooters like CoD with Spec Ops missions are great for same-room co-op, but nothing more than that.

Not sure if my friends are in it for the sports games. I personally haven't ever touched one of those haha. People just love it so much though. Hopefully it can start offering some great single player experiences too or some great RPG's. I'd really love to see some more independent developers on it. I think a lot of us keep failing to realize that even though PS4 is out and such they aren't really offering any astounding software either. But it seems to be falling short....and I still don't like the name 'Wii U.'
---
I am female but for the sake of these boards, I am now male.