Why did you buy a Wii U?

#81RemembrentPosted 12/11/2013 10:10:24 AM
I got it mainly for first party titles, to supplement my PS4.
#82JaivfromONMPosted 12/11/2013 10:11:48 AM
Because I'm a Nintendo Fan
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
Sub me on Youtube: JaivfromONM
#83strawhatmonty97Posted 12/11/2013 10:25:16 AM
i got a wii u because when i saw the E3 in 2012 i thought it looked amazing. my main thought process was "soo much better than the wii and just glorious!"

an HD nintendo console with a few other features looked amazing.

anything that wows me i'll get. the same reason i'm probably sometime in the future getting the thing steam comes out with. i saw a game journalist talk about it and it looked amazing. i mean a console that plays all of steam? sign me up. still don't know why the PS4 had so much hype. sony and microsoff only have like 2 or three exclusive anythings so a nintendo console and pc is the best way to go imo... or a nintendo console and STEAM!!
#84harvestmoonmikePosted 12/11/2013 10:31:37 AM
I love Nintendo games.

And cartoony/colorful platformers (plenty of indie games offer this too).
---
http://i.imgur.com/6t4FNRD.png
Duck Hunt Dog for Smash Bros.
#85HayashiTakaraPosted 12/11/2013 10:52:54 AM
Lethal13 posted...
Nintendo 1st party games are looking the goods yet again.

Also nintendo also does get some pretty unique 3rd party games sometimes as well.

So looking forward to X (though i'm not sure if monolith count as 2nd party now) and Bayonetta 2 though I also heard Mistwalker were making a game for Wii U which sounds awesome, I'd like a sequel to "the last story" I really liked the cast in that game.

Monolith is a first party studio.....
#86ThatGuyZPosted 12/11/2013 10:56:48 AM
Because I didn't-I got one that my brother had on Lay-a-Way and decided he wanted a U he saw in stores, so my Mom got me his. It's still collecting dust when I'm not playing my Wii games.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#87TalesRevenantPosted 12/11/2013 11:01:03 AM
Wii U was my first console I bought at launch and I still regret it, since well there was no reason considering it still has barely any games worthwhile.

Anyway, Nintendo consoles always have great First Party Exclusives and those rare Third Party Exclusives. That's why it's always necessary for me to get one. I've been a Nintendo fan all my life, started with Nintendo, and I don't intend to stop.

However ever since the PS1, I've found Nintendo consoles are good compliments to Sony consoles. You just get all the good games going PSX/N64, PS2/GCN, PS3/Wii/ PS4/Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Saga Frontier
#88aj_hacker87Posted 12/11/2013 11:03:27 AM
My Wii was dieing yeh that was my whole reason my Wii was dieing I had the money and needed to feed my Monster Hunter addiction which continued with TriU.
---
As a rule I like to keep daring rescues to one a day.
#89zonobiaPosted 12/11/2013 11:26:36 AM
I haven't bought one yet, but I will eventually. I've owned every home console from Nintendo since the original NES, and while I find my library of games I get with each generation gets slimmer and slimmer, the games I DO get are still among my favorite of any console from each generation.

Once a new Zelda and Metroid game enter the picture, I'll be much more enticed to get a WiiU. What's currently available isn't enough to warrant the purchase though, in my opinion.
#90Venom3DPosted 12/11/2013 11:36:04 AM
I was originally waiting for a price drop and more games. I bought the Deluxe on sale for $300 around 10 months ago, in time to purchase all the 30 Virtual Console titles.