Wii U worth getting at this point?

#11mashuPosted 12/11/2013 10:22:54 AM
Not yet, in my opinion, but it should be pretty easy to answer for yourself. If some of the games mentioned upthread are of interest to you and you'd like to play them now - then by all means, yes, it's worth it to get the Wii U now. Those are all pretty good games if they're in the genre you want. If you're not seeing anything standing out right away, wait until at least spring for Kart and Smash, or possibly late in the year for X. There's really not much else known about next year's releases beyond those and DKCR.
#12DeathSoul2000Posted 12/11/2013 10:27:33 AM
SupaShig posted...
Already can't see two posts in this thread because of ignores. Hope he's not getting horrible advice.

Try taking them off ignore then.
#13SupaShigPosted 12/11/2013 10:29:32 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
SupaShig posted...
Already can't see two posts in this thread because of ignores. Hope he's not getting horrible advice.

Try taking them off ignore then.

I only ignore people who do nothing but troll and stay at it for a ridiculous amount of time. Its obvious their sole intention here is to try and rile people up. So why should I?
#14Dannyson97Posted 12/11/2013 10:30:13 AM
Yes, it has enough games now to warrant a purchase and enough games coming in the future to keep you busy.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#15star_guy_100Posted 12/11/2013 10:40:50 AM
no. by the end of 2014, probably, hopefully. 2013 was pathetic for the wii u in terms of games and the sales showed it. by the end of 2014 though hopefully we will have dkc tf, X, smash bros, mario kart 8, bayonetta 2, mario 3d world, and maybe a few surprises next year. even then its pretty weak for being out for 2 years but at least you could make the case it might be worth it.
#16fernantendoPosted 12/11/2013 10:41:36 AM
It depends a lot on you.

Do you like 2D/3D Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Monster Hunter?

If yes to two or more of those, then definitely get it. If not...

Take a look at Wonderful101, Sonic The Lost Worlds, Lego City Undercover, and ZombiiU.

Any of those interest you? If yes, consider it with the previous list of games.

Also consider some things:

- If you don't already have one of the other consoles, there are quite a number of great, recent 3rd party games you can get (Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends, Lego Games, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Deus Ex, Call of Duty, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed).

- If you missed any/all Wii games, you can get a ton of those as highly recommended. Depending on your tastes, the better ones are the Mario Galaxy games, two main Zelda games, a couple of great RPGs - Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles, a couple of Kirby games, the best(ish) versions of Okami and Resident Evil 4, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and lots more that don't fit in this page.

- As part of the above, you have access the entirety of the Wii VC service, ranging from the great games of N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, and more. It's still missing a few notable ones, but the library in there is quite impressive. WiiU VC even has Earthbound, in case you were ever a fan of that series.

- Thought worth mentioning, if you have ever gone crazy over the Wii party games, like Wii Party, Wii Fit, or Wii Sports series, you have all of those available now (for the most part, Wii Fit U retail is not till January).

- Taking advantage of the bundles, you can get a free game included in the box, with maybe some extra controllers.

- Unlike the other next gen systems, the majority of accesories from Wii work/are compatible with WiiU. This is especially important for multiplayer games, as you may already have in your possession potential WiiU controllers.

If you don't care about any of the above, then yeah, now's not the time.

If you are interested in Bayonetta, X (from Xenoblade Chronicles developer), Smash Bros, or Mario Kart, we're getting all those probably next year for WiiU.
---
Let's get ON with it! - Bill from The Last of Us
#17SupaShigPosted 12/11/2013 10:42:43 AM
star_guy_100 posted...
no. by the end of 2014, probably, hopefully. 2013 was pathetic for the wii u in terms of games and the sales showed it. by the end of 2014 though hopefully we will have dkc tf, X, smash bros, mario kart 8, bayonetta 2, mario 3d world, and maybe a few surprises next year. even then its pretty weak for being out for 2 years but at least you could make the case it might be worth it.

I look at 2013 as a delicious appetizer for 2014. We saw a lot of good games this year, just only 1-2 great ones. We're getting a full helping of great ones next year.
#18terrancejonesPosted 12/11/2013 5:41:50 PM
This is the point like where the 3DS was in 2011, it's just now got its first good game, and a few decent ones here and there.

Consider getting it if:
You have a Wii with downloaded games to port over to the Wii U's Wii emulator
You have a Netflix account or something similar to watch movies
You are planning on getting a Bundle game with it, like Wind Waker, or New Super Mario Bros U

There's not much to it even though I use the console nearly every day for movies, or playing classic games. I'm honestly saving up money to get the new Mario game, as well as the Pikmin one.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.