What are YOU looking for in Zelda U?

#1Fire_PloverPosted 12/13/2013 4:10:43 PM
Be it features from old games, or completely fresh ideas. Art Style/Dungeons/Items/Length etc.

For me:

Art - Personally, I'm hoping the art style is a bit closer to Twilight Princess. Maybe a bit more color, but definitely leaning towards TP rather than SS.

Tone - Preferably something a little darker/more serious. Doesn't have to be quite MM, but something close.

Dungeons - I'd love to see a ton of dungeons (who wouldn't?). What I'd really like to see, though, is a bit of freedom in how you need to complete them, even if you just had sets (eg. these 3 dungeons can be done in any order. Once all 3 are done, you can move on to this set. Not necessarily linear like "do 3 dungeons-> unlock 3 dungeons etc.", but just a bit more general freedom, while still requiring certain dungeons to be finished to enter tougher ones). It'd be kind of cool if all the dungeons were bigger than what we've been seeing. Let's say you finish Dungeon 1 first. You start Dungeon 2. There's only so much you can do with the equipment from Dungeon 1, although you can still "complete" the dungeon, in the sense of reaching the boss, etc. Later you finish Dungeon 5, and get a new item. You could go back to Dungeon 2 and use your new item to open up access to another large section of the dungeon, which could have its own puzzles/objectives, and maybe even [mini]bosses! Some extra areas could be optional, but maybe some backtracking to previous dungeons is required to get certain key quest items? I dunno, something along these lines. Dungeon Freedom + Increased exploration as you unlock new items.

Items - I'd love to see a wide array of Items. HOWEVER, they should ALL have a range of uses. No item should really become useless (See Dominion Rod, Twilight Princess), they should all be balanced. I've kind of got Wind Waker in mind. Even after you've long cleared a dungeon, items still had a ton of usefulness. Grappling Hook? Tons of options. Aside from the wealth of areas you could reach with it, you could also pull up Treasure, and use it in combat (in this case, to rob items from enemies). Bottom line, I'd like to see lots of items, but they all need to be useful. If an item is, for the most part, useless, can it and find a different way to replace it. Another cool thing would be the restrictions imposed by Skyward Sword; perhaps a weight limit or something. Keep your Key Items with you, but you can still decide what you take. Pictobox or a bottle? A Red Potion, or an extra quiver to keep arrows in? It'd be kind of interesting to have to try to pick items based on where you are heading.

Enemies - Not too much to say here. I'd really just like to see a variety of enemies suited to their respective terrain. Even just different skins for an enemy in different regions (Woodland Moblin, Mountain Moblin etc.). It'd also be nice to see enemies have a variety of weaknesses. Items should be a huge factor in combat, while still being balanced with swordplay. It'd also be nice to see tougher combat; I want enemies to be cruel and relentless, not stand around for 5 seconds before making an easily blocked attack. Blocking should be a tough skill to master, but essential. Possibly difficulty options when starting a new game to help those who really aren't quite as skilled? Countering enemies (kind of like Arkham City) would also be a neat addition.

World Hub - Something good. SS had a decent one - just add a TON more islands, and cut the loading screens. It would've been nice if you actually landed where you dismounted your Loftwing in SS - but, of course, you would just "land" at a predestined area. WW had a good one, just maybe shrink it a bit, or add more content.

Finally, I think something cool to have return would be the Stamina bar. Just flesh it out a bit, and re-examine its uses.

So, what about you? What do you want?
---
Aether'/RC ::: Official Hynotoad of GameFAQs
http://www.youtube.com/aethergoldeneye
#2ADHDguitarPosted 12/13/2013 4:11:32 PM
I'd like a Skyrim-esque world, but with the depth of a Zelda game.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#3JonbazookabozPosted 12/13/2013 4:16:47 PM
Im looking for a new art style that hasnt been seen in any game before and a fresh take on what a Zelda game is. Im open to anything really- just make it BIG!!
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4WinsagePosted 12/13/2013 4:19:51 PM
Combat is a joke in Zelda. I'd rather it be fun and flashy like in TP than terrible and gimmicky like SS was.
---
NNid: Windsage
#5JobocanPosted 12/13/2013 4:20:32 PM
A Zelda game.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#6JonbazookabozPosted 12/13/2013 4:20:36 PM
I actually think the changes in the next Zelda are gonna be a huge and significant change in direction that redefine the franchise. I honestly think its going to take everyone by surprise. We'll see though soon enough.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#7heartlesshero17Posted 12/13/2013 4:22:44 PM
Bosses as fun as some in SS( I liked some of them at least), side content similar too MM, and dungeons as good as OoT. Pretty much all I'd need for it to be a perfect game for me
---
http://i.imgur.com/0XFg1NY.png
#8ADHDguitarPosted 12/13/2013 4:23:08 PM
As long as they don't keep the SS art style.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#9slymshadyPosted 12/13/2013 4:24:20 PM
Top view lik a link between worlds
#10BladeManEXEPosted 12/13/2013 4:25:13 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
As long as they don't keep the SS art style.

They've said the style will be more like Wind Waker or Skyward Sword than, say, Twilight Princess. Take that as you will.