Even as a Nintendo fan, I think Sony is much better at the home console game.

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 12/14/2013 2:15:24 PM
They make machines third parties actually want to make games for.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#2EasterEggHunterPosted 12/14/2013 2:17:46 PM
Agreed. That doesnt mean nintendo should stop trying with their consoles though. Same with the Vita. Even if their struggling they can make the best of it.
#3MaggotPosted 12/14/2013 2:19:44 PM
Because they don't have to compete against 1st party playstation games.
---
I Know a lot, but I don't know much.
Dry Bowser??? What is he, alcohol free.
#4EarthViperPosted 12/14/2013 2:29:36 PM
It's been this way since Sony entered the industry. Until now Nintendo benefited from still having a market to sell their console to but that seems to have ended with the Wii U. With the N64 and GC they still had the Nintendo faithful and the Wii they had massive success in both the casual and mainstream markets.

And yes, I said the N64 and GC had the Nintendo faithful to imply the Wii U doesn't. Those two systems benefited from being exponentially better platforms to experience the best Nintendo had to offer. The GB and GBA had their place and did ultimately sell better than their 'big brothers' but there was no doubt where the top Nintendo products, the AAA Nintendo games would be.

Now, the 3DS has all the capacity to hold the best games Nintendo has to make. Nintendo is simply the big dog of those numerous Japanese companies who do their best work in 2D or with retro styles of games. They shy away from voice acting, they shy away from heavily cinematic games, they shy away from extensive use of online multiplayer and don't offer a wired online connection. Local, same screen multiplayer is literally the only significant advantage that consoles have over handhelds that Nintendo even uses and that's not enough to generate a market robust enough to sell a $300 console to.

Nintendo has three choices for the next generation:

1) Make use of the advantages of console gaming and give your fans a reason to own more than just your handheld.

2) Go handheld only / merge the two

3) Bomb
---
You do not define what is good and what is bad; only what you like and what you don't.
#5KaihedgiePosted 12/14/2013 2:37:31 PM
Okay? And?
#6IzraeilPosted 12/14/2013 3:05:35 PM
Maggot posted...

Sony actually has more 1st party games that are rated 90% than Nintendo last gen (it's no use comparing the two gens before that because sony decimated Nintendo with ps1 and ps2). And sony first party games sell just as well as Nintendo one barring stuff like wii sports and wii fit.
So yeah this perception Nintendo fanboys have of Nintendo first party games being some holy gifts to humanity from Nintendo is a delusion and nothing more.
#7Xcalibur02Posted 12/14/2013 3:19:23 PM
Izraeil posted...
Maggot posted...

Sony actually has more 1st party games that are rated 90% than Nintendo last gen (it's no use comparing the two gens before that because sony decimated Nintendo with ps1 and ps2).

So when Nintendo sells more, it's about ratings. When Nintendo rates better, it's about sales.

The double standards are strong in this one.
---
You WILL bow down before me! Both YOU...and then one day...your ASS!
#8metalmariolordPosted 12/14/2013 3:29:18 PM
Izraeil posted...
Maggot posted...

Sony actually has more 1st party games that are rated 90% than Nintendo last gen (it's no use comparing the two gens before that because sony decimated Nintendo with ps1 and ps2). And sony first party games sell just as well as Nintendo one barring stuff like wii sports and wii fit.
So yeah this perception Nintendo fanboys have of Nintendo first party games being some holy gifts to humanity from Nintendo is a delusion and nothing more.

Proof or it didn't happen.I want names.
Because opinions.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#9iron_defensePosted 12/14/2013 3:36:10 PM
I wish Nintendo and Sony would make up. Nintendo developing for sony is the best possible thing that could happen.

I love nintendo and I have bought every nintendo console since the SNES. But their hardware is severely lacking.
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
3DS FC: 2234-8498-6612
#10GrizzmeisterPosted 12/14/2013 3:59:51 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
They make machines third parties actually want to make games for.

I skipped the PS3 but I'm definitely getting a PS4 to supplement my Wii U.
---
Speaking on condition of anonymity.