Thinking about picking up a wii u. Some questions please

#1Va1onPosted 12/14/2013 9:29:20 PM
I had a wii and sold it after not much use but i feel like i didnt give the system a fair shake. I sure would like to play and beat some of the great wii games such as galaxy 1 and 2 and a few other games.

Quick question.

With regular wii games, how are they controlled on the wii u? Can i use the gamepad for regular wii games?

Also, are the graphics improved at all, does it look at least sharper if you play a wii game on the wii u? By the way, i will get the wii u eventually i think but i still dont know wtf nintendo was thinking with the name. Wii u? What does the U stand for?
#2Dannyson97Posted 12/14/2013 9:34:54 PM
You can play Wii games with Wii motes nunchuck and Classic controller.

They can be played on the Gamepad, but you still have to use the normal Wii controllers.

The games are being shown in HD now, so they look sharper. This is for better or worse for certain games, it helps some look clearer and sharper, or makes rough edges more obvious.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#3hyjinx17Posted 12/14/2013 9:35:38 PM
Wiimotes and Nunchucks work with the Wii U
#4chillvPosted 12/14/2013 9:37:16 PM
I don't think the graphics become any better on Wii U. I think they remain the same resolution. However, I never tried Wii Mode for anything but Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese Version) that I got off of Club Nintendo.

Also, I believe Nintendo said it is called Wii "U" because it is supposed to be about "you" or something like that.
#5The_BonesPosted 12/14/2013 9:41:03 PM
Wii games will use their original control method when played on the Wii U.