Real Talk: how well do you predict and think the Wii U will do in the long run?

#1gfaqsterPosted 12/15/2013 3:53:58 AM
Honest topic pls no trolling.

Personally if by Christmas 2014 and sales don't really pick up I think nintendo will start to work on releasing a new console in 2-3 years after that. So 2016-17
They will quickly abandon ship like the GameCube in 2004-05

I see the wii u getting some good 1st party games and even some 3rd party ones.

Console will sell worse in the long run compared to n64 or GameCube.
I bet more n64 (33 million)and GameCube consoles (22 million) were sold than what I expect for wii u total sales. I predict around 18-20 million lifetime units sold.

What are your thoughts or predictions on the wii u's future?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 4:05:29 AM
Other consoles that didn't sell a lot

Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Xbox
Sega master system
Gamecube
---
-Lightning-
#3QlJGamerPosted 12/15/2013 4:18:02 AM
gfaqster posted...

Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Xbox
Sega master system
Gamecube

All those consoles sold over a ten million units. Have people forgot how much a ten million is?....

you know to really research failed consoles and low sales. I am disappointed in you.
---
Specs Should Stand For Speculation
#4GensokyoPosted 12/15/2013 4:19:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's always been their plan to release a new console after 5-6 years (so around 2017-2018), even if the Wii U was as big of a success as the Wii.

As for the actual success of the Wii U, I've always expected MK8 to be the turning point sales wise. If it doesn't pick up by then, I doubt there's anything that could save it.
---
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552
#5gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 4:29:59 AM
QlJGamer posted...
gfaqster posted...

Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Xbox
Sega master system
Gamecube

All those consoles sold over a ten million units. Have people forgot how much a ten million is?....

you know to really research failed consoles and low sales. I am disappointed in you.

10-20 million compared to 80-100 millions is nothing.

Xbox one and ps4 sold like 2 million in less than 1 month.
Wii u in like 1 year sold twice that.
---
-Lightning-
#6gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 4:31:00 AM
Gensokyo posted...
I'm pretty sure it's always been their plan to release a new console after 5-6 years (so around 2017-2018), even if the Wii U was as big of a success as the Wii.

As for the actual success of the Wii U, I've always expected MK8 to be the turning point sales wise. If it doesn't pick up by then, I doubt there's anything that could save it.

Well system sellers will be

Mk8
Smash bros u
Zelda u

If those don't do it then nothing will.
---
-Lightning-
#7GensokyoPosted 12/15/2013 4:33:40 AM(edited)
gfaqster posted...
Gensokyo posted...

Well system sellers will be

Mk8
Smash bros u
Zelda u

If those don't do it then nothing will.

Sure, those too. But I don't think either one of them will have nearly as much effect as MK8.
---
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552
#8gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 7:30:11 AM
bump
---
-Lightning-
#9FayeLadyPosted 12/15/2013 7:34:55 AM
It depends on how long they wait to address the pricing issue. I don't see the hardware talking off as long as its a bit more expensive than the PS3 and 360 and a bit cheaper than the PS4/One. If they wait for the PS3/360 to lose relevance by themselves, the Wii U will suffer for it. Its not equipped to fight a war on both sides of its price point.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10REAL_kielbasaPosted 12/15/2013 7:38:04 AM
Honestly, I think Iwata will step down after their next quarterly results come in.

All bets are off, because it completely depends on what direction the next CEO decides to go in.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nljIHxM.png
What will save us now?