Real Talk: how well do you predict and think the Wii U will do in the long run?

#11bountyhunter85Posted 12/15/2013 6:46:08 AM
Honestly? Another one of these topics?? There needs to be a split Wii U board.
---
NNID & PSN: Benzuko XBL: Benzuko1985
3DS: 4081 5484 0944
#12Dannyson97Posted 12/15/2013 7:23:36 AM
gfaqster posted...
QlJGamer posted...
gfaqster posted...
Other consoles that didn't sell a lot

Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Xbox
Sega master system
Gamecube

All those consoles sold over a ten million units. Have people forgot how much a ten million is?....

you know to really research failed consoles and low sales. I am disappointed in you.

10-20 million compared to 80-100 millions is nothing.

Xbox one and ps4 sold like 2 million in less than 1 month.
Wii u in like 1 year sold twice that.

Keep in mind the Wii U sold 3 million in a month and a half. The reason it sold that well at first is the same reason Xbox One and PS4 sold as well as they did.
It's the holiday and they're new, how well their libaries sell the console after the holidays is the real question.

As for the Wii U's lifetime sales, looking at the upcoming games, 4 million consoles in a year.
I expect anywhere between 21 million- 36 million.
---
"I will be damned if I can't get drunk with out passing out drowning in my pizza!" -John Stewart
#13PigfartsPosted 12/16/2013 7:34:08 AM
by the end of its life, im predicting 9-12 million units. They are at 4 now, I can't image smash doubling the number.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#14Neo_HeartlessPosted 12/16/2013 7:45:15 AM
Pigfarts posted...
by the end of its life, im predicting 9-12 million units. They are at 4 now, I can't image smash doubling the number.

I'd double the number because you are kinda underestimating Smash. Plus there's Mario Kart, Zelda, and if nintendo are desperate they may bring out a new Metroid or F-Zero.

However 18-24 million... I can't see much more than that unless something really unexpected happens.

And Kielbasa, Iwata didn't leave when the 3DS was tanking, what makes you think he'll be kicked out the door for the WiiU? He's done good for the company as well as bad, and a shake up has just as much, if not more potential to disrupt the company and cause the WiiU to fail more.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#15emeraldfox_09Posted 12/16/2013 7:50:44 AM
Good enough
---
The Official Leafeon everywhere. Get at me
The most qualified Tails fanboy. Shauntal is <3
#16TerotrousPosted 12/16/2013 7:52:48 AM(edited)
It is somewhat up in the air right now, they should have been at like 8 mil after this year but they made numerous huge mistakes that cost them a lot. That being said, 30 million is like absolute worst case, assuming this level of severe fail continues for the entirety of the system's life. No system sells the most during its first year, they ramp up for 3 years and then decline after that (but even then, year 4 is typically still a fair bit better than year 1). I also can't see any other system selling more than double Wii U's numbers, so if Wii U only makes 30 mil console gaming is probably dead.

To be honest they probably do need some changes in leadership. The terrible decisions are too systematic at this point to dismiss as being a fluke and can't be tolerated that much longer. I'm not convinced that Iwata is the problem, he seems quite progressive for the most part. There are clearly some executives though who are hampering Nintendo with overly conservative business moves. They need to bring in some people with at least a basic understanding of the American gaming market too.
---
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#17adampeltzPosted 12/16/2013 7:55:43 AM
FayeLady posted...
It depends on how long they wait to address the pricing issue. I don't see the hardware talking off as long as its a bit more expensive than the PS3 and 360 and a bit cheaper than the PS4/One. If they wait for the PS3/360 to lose relevance by themselves, the Wii U will suffer for it. Its not equipped to fight a war on both sides of its price point.

That's a really great point. I agree with you on that.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691 | PSN ID: Peltz-0
#18EoinPosted 12/16/2013 7:58:09 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
And Kielbasa, Iwata didn't leave when the 3DS was tanking, what makes you think he'll be kicked out the door for the WiiU?

Iwata might resign, but can't actually be "kicked out". There's no mechanism for firing him (and nobody above him to do so).
#19gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 2:08:06 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Pigfarts posted...

I'd double the number because you are kinda underestimating Smash. Plus there's Mario Kart, Zelda, and if nintendo are desperate they may bring out a new Metroid or F-Zero.

However 18-24 million... I can't see much more than that unless something really unexpected happens.

And Kielbasa, Iwata didn't leave when the 3DS was tanking, what makes you think he'll be kicked out the door for the WiiU? He's done good for the company as well as bad, and a shake up has just as much, if not more potential to disrupt the company and cause the WiiU to fail more.

I doubt FZero, Metroid would be system sellers.

Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros are the only system sellers.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#20nestankPosted 12/17/2013 2:11:59 AM
"21 million- 36 million"

LOL you really think that wii u has a chance to outsell N64?! In your dreams.

Wii U will sell 15-25 million max.