Real Talk: how well do you predict and think the Wii U will do in the long run?

#31TheCyborgNinjaPosted 12/17/2013 12:27:57 PM
At best, it will be slightly profitable. The problem is that even if it manages to gain momentum in 2014, the losses endured leading up to then will keep it from ending with a major profit.

At worst, it'll just lose money and Nintendo will have to cross its fingers for their next console (which I don't doubt will exist, though it could be their last if it doesn't make money).
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#32louis2828Posted 12/17/2013 12:31:26 PM
pretty bad, basically. I thought the support for it would be more than what we have now but it's not looking good.
#33bluesplus1Posted 12/17/2013 1:16:32 PM
*reads comments*

lol so dumb.
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#34evoxpiscesPosted 12/17/2013 1:23:29 PM
I think it will do about as well as Gamecube, which to say was behind XBox and PS2 but still pretty decent.
---
3DS FC: 3668 - 8781 - 7188
#35gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 5:15:58 AM
Bump
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#36Madrox23Posted 12/20/2013 7:07:49 AM
Jesus h Christ! Why is this board so obsessed with sales. Its like the vita board. Instead of just talking about games and what not. It's all doom and gloom, over nothing. I rarely even think about my Wii u, let alone sit around and consider how well it's doing in comparison to other consoles.

When a new game I want comes out, I'll buy it and play it. Do people think of the Wii u as a main console? I guess that'd worry me more.
---
Proud follower of me, myself and I.
#37nonexistingheroPosted 12/20/2013 9:25:54 AM
gfaqster posted...
QlJGamer posted...
gfaqster posted...
Other consoles that didn't sell a lot

Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Xbox
Sega master system
Gamecube

All those consoles sold over a ten million units. Have people forgot how much a ten million is?....

you know to really research failed consoles and low sales. I am disappointed in you.

10-20 million compared to 80-100 millions is nothing.

Xbox one and ps4 sold like 2 million in less than 1 month.
Wii u in like 1 year sold twice that.

You just confirmed you're trolling -__-

Anyway, this topic is useless just like every single analyst in the gaming industry and everyone else with their useless garbage predictions.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#38andizzle29662Posted 12/20/2013 9:37:47 AM
I honestly believe the WiiU will be fine. Sales have drastically increased since October, and December has yet to be tallied. WiiU will sit at around 5.5 million units by January, which is disappointing, but not enough for them to pull support. Nintendo will use their 3DS strategy that worked , released one big game a month. Wii Fit U is launching Jan, Donkey Kong is Feb, March is WatchDogs , April will be Kart, and so on. WiiU will easley push out 5 million units by May 2014.
---
Most WANTED: Super Mario WiiU, link to the past 2, Pokemon x, X, Last of us, pikmin 3, Beyond Two Souls, Rain, Castlevania LOS 2, Watchdogs, Killzone SF
#39gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2013 1:48:07 AM
Bump
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#40hors_doeuvresPosted 12/25/2013 6:43:18 PM
Eoin posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
And Kielbasa, Iwata didn't leave when the 3DS was tanking, what makes you think he'll be kicked out the door for the WiiU?

Iwata might resign, but can't actually be "kicked out". There's no mechanism for firing him (and nobody above him to do so).

I'm pretty sure the board of directors can do just that.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675 | Safari Pokemon: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchinder
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"