Did the Dream Cast have more worthwhile games than the Wii U by this point?

#21Baha05Posted 12/16/2013 10:37:55 PM
erasedMUSE posted...
Wii U isn't innovative.

Except that it brings the DS style gaming to consoles which is an innovation in itself and more so as it can give games much better use of the second screen then the DS/3DS (Because unlike the handhelds the Wii U wouldn't be restricted to the Hardware)

Plus Miiverse is pretty damn innovative for a message/twitter for consoles.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#22ssjgohhkuPosted 12/17/2013 4:04:01 PM
Yes it's not even close.
#23NovaLevossidaPosted 12/17/2013 4:09:32 PM
Yeah, the Dreamcast had a much better software library at this point. I also owned a lot more Dreamcast titles than I do Wii U games a year after launch.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#24CyborgTwentyPosted 12/20/2013 5:22:10 AM
Yes.
#25Craig--aPosted 12/20/2013 5:50:04 AM
I owned more dreamcast games the day I got it than I own Wii U games to date so for me yes the dreamcast had much better games by this point in its life.

I genuinely only think of Mario 3D and Pikmin 3 as games which are really worth buying a Wii U for. There are other good games but not at the same level of what was available on Dreamcast.
---
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...
#26SpikeyAssPosted 12/20/2013 6:07:54 AM
Yes. Without a doubt.
#27arvilinoPosted 12/20/2013 6:16:57 AM(edited)
FayeLady posted...
mini_blight posted...
Endgame posted...
Dreamcast had more worthwhile games at launch

...and a much lower price. It's not surprising it did better than Wii U within the same time frame. But let us not be sidetracked from cooked up charts and graphs from Sony HQ.

The 360 and PS3 had a higher price and still did significantly better within the same time frame. Price isnt going to directly impact quality games, user adoption will.

The 360 didn't have a higher price, infact I recall it dropped below the Wii in cost before the Wii had it's first price drop in the UK for example. The PS3 didn't do significantly better, atleast not until it took substantial price cuts(around the 120($200) region in the UK) .
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#28EoinPosted 12/20/2013 6:28:50 AM
Dreamcast. However, it's worth remembering that the Dreamcast has the advantage of having been launched in Japan in 1998 and then having a launch everywhere else a year later. The Dreamcast's "year one" games were drawn from about two years worth of support.

That said, even with a fair comparison I think I'd give it to the Dreamcast.
#29TurbokkPosted 12/20/2013 3:47:04 PM
I have to say yes.
#30Odin of KpxPosted 12/20/2013 6:03:42 PM
The Dreamcast had far better games at this point in it's life span. The DC had the best first year in the history of console gaming.