Is Sonic: Lost World as bad as Sonic 06?

#41HermeticJusticePosted 12/18/2013 12:32:09 AM
Groudon199 posted...
587Deathking posted...
-Only one type of gameplay with a different mechanics that are only used once or twice.

Either you forgot about Silver or you never made it to his levels.

he was explaining Lost World with those bullet points
#42ssjgohhkuPosted 12/18/2013 6:21:43 AM
If Lost World wasn't exclusive people would mostly say yes because it's just as bad but since it's exclusive people will defend it with all their might.
#43darkjedilinkPosted 12/18/2013 6:38:17 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
If Lost World wasn't exclusive people would mostly say yes because it's just as bad but since it's exclusive people will defend it with all their might.

So, the fact that there aren't many bugs and the gameplay is solid mean Lost World IS just as bad?

I only ask because I always thought logic would dictate that for a game to be as bad as another game, it generally needed an equal number of issues.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#44DBeanPosted 12/18/2013 6:38:31 AM
No, but it's frustrating in the sense that this one had the potential to be a good game if they had given it some more time. You can see the level design get worse and feel rushed once you hit the pinball stage in Frozen Factory. Then there are things that aren't even given hints like the fact you can break with the snowball in the one level by pressing Y, I think it was.

Levels are just strung together in the Sky Road area and bosses border on pathetically easy with one being a very big rehash of something you've fought in another Sonic game. I think Sega just sent the B-team out to rush a product to the shelves before the holidays.

Props to them for the patch in making 100 rings give you an extra life, but it doesn't fix the poor level design in the second half of the game.
#45XD375Posted 12/18/2013 9:59:50 AM
It's one of the best 3D Sonic games ever!

...That doesn't make it a good game though. It's kinda bad. Just not as bad as a lot of the other ones.