Why the WiiU and Nintendo are crucial to the Gaming market and community.

#1Coop14Posted 12/19/2013 4:35:24 PM(edited)
First and foremost, I am one individual, voicing my opinion on the fabricated console wars. If YOU, my reader want no part of this, then please just ignore me and move onto the next topic. While I maybe just another individual posting nonsense on a message board in which I am probably wasting my time with, I can promise YOU my fellow posters and readers, that you may find a friendly individual who you can relate to and befriend.

Nintendo has been around longer than I personally have been apart of Earth. While I am only a young adult, the console wars has always been something that has fascinated me. Why? Well... The fabrication, rage induced debates, and trolling that take place upon social media websites and message boards such as this.

I remember when the DS released, and a multitude of reviewers and gamers alike stated that this would screw Nintendo in the foot due to how troublesome it was with two screens and other variables. However, Nintendo proved the world wrong much like it did with the 3DS and the individuals who had a sense of angst and bitterness towards this console.

Nintendo is competition. Simple, straight to the point. Nintendo pushes Microsoft and Sony as much as the latter push Nintendo. This is what allows us to get these great pieces of artwork, entertainment, and fun with the friends, families, and our partners, who we get to share these treasures with.

While I shall never understand trolling, the enjoyment that one gets out of it, and the overall attitude towards a console being superior, I can say that I personally make an effort to own as many consoles to-date as I personally can, while upgrading the PC that I have built. Consoles are so unique, much like social networking, in the sense that we can share OUR experiences with others. Whether at home or on the bus, Video Games have become an extremely unique part of society in which encompasses millions of individuals.

Nintendo provides competition, unique expierences, and other factors which is absolutely important to the industry. I will never belittle a gaming company. I have the strong philosophy that all systems should be worth our time and energy, much like ourselves and dealing with the human race. While all cannot share this similar philosophy, I invite you, the gamer, to relay a positive attitude towards all game systems and consoles to bring about a change and understanding for the fabricated, and rather redundant bitter console wars.

I am thankful for all Consoles, and continue to be a lover of video games, whether I am enjoying a game on my smartphone/handheld, or am on my PC playing League of Legends, World of Warcraft, or sitting down on my consoles playing Little Big Planet, or Gears of War, I have come to appreciate ALL of these forums of gaming.

Drop the console wars Gamefaqs. Bring on the change we need to create a better gaming community.

Thank you.

---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam.
Mako will forever be missed.
#2selfdeztructionPosted 12/19/2013 8:59:32 PM
I was actually hoping that you were a new user instead of having a join date that predates my own.

You are completely right but I think that Nintendo gets so much hate because they are brazen and bold enough not to just go with the flow of the industry.

Nintendo would rather go under as a result of their own vision instead of trying to follow the ideas and direction of the other companies or developers.

They see the redundancy that lies in having 4 (even two is overkill) identical devices on the market.

Nintendo does what Nintendo wants and that makes alot of non-Nintendo people mad because Nintendo doesn't want their fans to settle for unfinished games, pointless DLC & microtransactions or other things that have unfortunately became the norm in our community.

Miiverse is another thing that alot of "M" gamers and outsiders frown upon because the mods don't wan't it to be a place of vulgarity and filth because Nintendo wants a better environment for their fans whereas other companies wouldn't give a damn about what their fans were subjected to.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#3Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 8:50:50 AM
selfdeztruction posted...
I was actually hoping that you were a new user instead of having a join date that predates my own.

You are completely right but I think that Nintendo gets so much hate because they are brazen and bold enough not to just go with the flow of the industry.

Nintendo would rather go under as a result of their own vision instead of trying to follow the ideas and direction of the other companies or developers.

They see the redundancy that lies in having 4 (even two is overkill) identical devices on the market.

Nintendo does what Nintendo wants and that makes alot of non-Nintendo people mad because Nintendo doesn't want their fans to settle for unfinished games, pointless DLC & microtransactions or other things that have unfortunately became the norm in our community.

Miiverse is another thing that alot of "M" gamers and outsiders frown upon because the mods don't wan't it to be a place of vulgarity and filth because Nintendo wants a better environment for their fans whereas other companies wouldn't give a damn about what their fans were subjected to.

All extremely valid points. Thank you for being an insightful individual and contributing in a positive manner. I wish more individuals were like this on the internet but unfortunately it cannot happen.
---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam.
Mako will forever be missed.
#4selfdeztructionPosted 12/23/2013 11:28:35 PM
@^,

Dude,I'm just trying to do whatever good stuff I can before Senior Lardassio completely puts me on the naughty list.

At this rate I will not even get coal, just deer poop on the roof.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#5LightHawKnightPosted 12/23/2013 11:56:27 PM
I think they are crucial cause they are cheaper to develop for. Which is a good thing for smaller developers without the cash to put all that money into graphics instead of other areas which really need the money.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6SetecAstronomyPosted 12/24/2013 12:56:23 AM
Nintendo is crucial to the industry because they are the innovators. They saved the industry in the 80's and seem to keep it moving forward by doing their own thing in the face of criticism.

People thought the d-pad on the NES was awkward, but it became the standard until they introduced analog sticks to the home consoles later.

People thought handheld gaming devices with interchangeable carts wouldn't catch on, but Game Boy proved them wrong, and now dedicated gaming handhelds are more popular than home consoles.

People thought motion controls were a gimmick, but the other two companies quickly rushed to get their versions out when they saw the demand.

Not all Nintendo's ideas are great (power glove, virtual boy, etc.), but they sure do take more risks than anyone else out there, which you have to respect. This company has and will continue to survive because of it's innovative nature and desire to constantly change the status quo of the industry.