What would it take for the industry to take -WiiU- seriously?

#1grandabxPosted 12/19/2013 8:36:18 PM
Like the 360 and PS3 are getting Dark Souls 2 in early March and the WiiU will get..... Hyrule Warriors(it's current name) some time down the line. Dark Souls 2 on WiiU would be STUPID. A lack of a real online community with a dismal online infrastructure.

Where's the software that says "We are using our console's capabilities to the fullest" instead of all of the games that have the same 1990-design with just a SLIGHT graphics upgrade? They use the EXPENSIVE tablet hybrid ONLY for a horn in the next Kart game.

Right now Sony and Microsoft are competing in the HOME console market alone. They don't consider Nintendo to even be a threat. After Sony ironed flat Nintendo during it's first two generations, Nintendo's brand when it comes to attracting dedicated/older gamers and their taste(beginning at the PS1's debut with Final Fantasy 7 http://hypeup.net/index.php/site/news/final_fantasy_vii_magazine_ads_from_1997 ) has fallen off a cliff.

This generation is going to be Nintendo's worse enemy. They HAVE to rough it out on their own all while trying to keep it's current fans, potential customers and shareholders happy/interested.

here's a fill-the-blank form I have that I would like to see what are gamers opinions on WiiU's (not Nintendo, they'll be around) fate and how you think it can be changed.

1. In YOUR opinion, 5 NEW & Nintendo-made games NEEDED for WiiU in 2014 to keep the console relevant in spite of PS4 and Xbone (A = most important):
A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

2. Which ONE genre of games would help show off the gamepad's abilities?

3. Should the gamepad be removed to lower cost( if ideas for it aren't good enough)?

4. Name at least 2 things you think would help Nintendo with their online problems.

5. Who should Nintendo focus marketing the WiiU to?

6. IF Nintendo was to buy ONE exclusive already known IP from a 3rd party, what SHOULD it be?
---
Asked whether From Software and Namco ever considered a Wii U port(of Dark Souls 2), Miyazoe bluntly replies: No. When asked why, he explodes with laughter.
#2JobocanPosted 12/19/2013 8:38:29 PM
It would take it not being a Nintendo home console, because most companies hate Nintendo home consoles.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#3kingbadjoPosted 12/19/2013 8:39:45 PM
boobs, blood, and bullets.

also brown and grey color pallets.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#4userfrigginamePosted 12/19/2013 8:44:35 PM
I don't like playing the Souls games online.
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 12/19/2013 8:45:47 PM
The Wii U needs just as big of a rebranding campaign as the rebranding campaign that dragged the PS3 out of the gutter and propelled it to being a proper competitor.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#6fornit56Posted 12/19/2013 9:14:40 PM
Free to play Mario on mobile with microtransactions and energy meters.
---
war is peace; freedom is slavery; ignorance is strength - george orwell, 1984
#7selfdeztructionPosted 12/19/2013 9:31:22 PM
Alot of noses in the industry would have to be collectively raised out of bro butts so that their owners could coherently see how much creativity is offered by the Wii U, it's gamepad, asynchronous gameplay and the unique experience that's offered by utilizing the gamepad, MC, balance board or gun accessories for gameplay.

The Wii U can actually do alot of gameplay mechanics that the other systems cannot even remotely mimic.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#8KogamiShimaPosted 12/19/2013 9:33:14 PM
A knife across the neck.

The industry WANTS to abandon Nintendo. Nintendo could cure cancer TONIGHT and nobody would care.
#9TruthsEdgePosted 12/19/2013 9:37:52 PM
People like you need to stop making post like this. Just play the darn games.

I love Demon's Souls and Dark Souls but Dark Souls 2 isn't doing anything the Wii U can not handle. I want Dark Souls on my Wii U most because it is just so convenient on my gamepad.

And the community will be fine. The souls series doesn't need 200,000 people online at once. The games are good all by yourself or with the few hundred people you will ever interact with.
---
Wii U ID: Aikoku-sha
3DS: 4656-6218-3929
#10Kaiser_GiygasPosted 12/21/2013 4:14:40 AM
They just need to make a good Starfox and HD Super Awesome Dolby Digital 1080p 60fps Custom Robo with online multiplayer and s***.
---
Ridley for Smash Bros. 4
Official Giygas of every board