Nintendo should have bought capcom and square soft back in the early 90s.

#11Prince ShondronaiPosted 12/20/2013 8:48:39 PM
HermeticJustice posted...

PS Only a legit fanboy would want Nintendo to buy out the competition, third part companies should be making games for who they want, when they want, not under the control of some company

That's one of the reasons we won't see another good Rare game on a non-XBox console, not even a Rare game on the VC

Your Rare example makes no sense. They made their best games when they were under Nintendo's control. Just because Microsoft didn't know what to do with them, it doesn't mean Nintendo's influence was bad for them.

Capcom and Square too, under Nintendo's notorious iron fist back in the 80's and 90's, actually made money, unlike their current states today.

Total freedom is all well and good, but sometimes all that equates to is the freedom to destroy yourself.
---
Die, Nasty Warriors!
#12SS4_NamreppivPosted 12/21/2013 7:49:03 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...

PS Only a legit fanboy would want Nintendo to buy out the competition, third part companies should be making games for who they want, when they want, not under the control of some company

That's one of the reasons we won't see another good Rare game on a non-XBox console, not even a Rare game on the VC

Your Rare example makes no sense. They made their best games when they were under Nintendo's control. Just because Microsoft didn't know what to do with them, it doesn't mean Nintendo's influence was bad for them.

Capcom and Square too, under Nintendo's notorious iron fist back in the 80's and 90's, actually made money, unlike their current states today.

Total freedom is all well and good, but sometimes all that equates to is the freedom to destroy yourself.

Perfect example, THQ, and the various other studios that had to shut down last gen.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#13HermeticJusticePosted 12/22/2013 2:37:55 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...

I meant to say now that Rare is controlled by Microsoft they are making worse games, but when they where third party their games had a much better quality

and SE and Capcom have nothing to do with Nintendo, since that was mainly due to the SNES era, and them making games for Nintendo exclusively isn't going to magically make a game as great as Street Fighter II or Final Fantasy VI

Besides, even though I have a Wii U, I would rather see SE and Capcom games on as much consoles as possible than on one console that could possibly be limiting it

The only time I think Nintendo should accquire a company is when
A) the company asks for it, and Nintendo is willing to oblige
B) the company is in dire straits and by being bought can save them from bankrupty (a similar situation happened with Sega and Atlus, as well as Square and Enix)