I like MH3U, would NG3,Warriors of Orachi & FOTNS KR2 be games that I'd like

#1selfdeztructionPosted 12/20/2013 3:58:47 AM
I know that they aren't exactly like MH3U but they are all seemingly just as grind heavy (not a + or - in my book) and also seemingly feature the same kind of large scale and drawn out battles as MH3U where you want to throw a controller across the room even when you succeed.

I'm new to all the series that I'm asking about and difficulty isn't a deterrent for me.

I hate these kind of topics just as much as everyone else BUT I can't exactly rent games anymore (RIP Blockbuster), these game's boards are all dead (just like Blockbuster, RIP) and these games are really niche but popular and I just want honest opinions about why they are so great.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#2kdognumba1Posted 12/20/2013 7:01:46 AM
Well I'll say none of them are like MH3U really.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Sigma is an action adventure in the vein of something lik DMC and GoW. It's more story driven with brutal fast paced combat.

FOTNS KR2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper are straight up action games with tons of enemies thrown at you in much more bland and generic environments. They're the type of games where you turn off your mind and just kill, the exact opposite of MH3U.

You could possibly enjoy all of these games but don't think they're like Monster Hunter.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#3nonexistingheroPosted 12/20/2013 8:06:22 AM
NG3 Sigma doesn't exist... a Razor's Edge version does exist though. Anyhow, the original modern NG3 is crap and the RE version is decent compared to the other games. But if you want the best modern NG experiences, Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 (360 version, ignore the butchered Sigma versions on PS3) are the ones you need to play. The games don't hold your hand though, button mashing will get you killed. They're not cheap difficulty as many claim... if you say they're cheap you simply suck at them.

FotNS is like Dynasty Warriors, but with FotNS characters. If you like DW, you'd like it. If you like the FotNS anime, you'll probably like it as well. If you loathe DW-type games, you wouldn't like it. Personally, I like it.

Warriors Orochi is basically a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. It is a bit less polished than DW7 and 8 I'd say, but still a lot of fun.

The latter 2 games feature level-up systems for the characters. They're almost impossible on normal if you start on that difficulty, but you basically beat the game on easy mode, then move on to normal and then to even harder. The final difficulty is usually very hard and you die in a few hits. For Ninja Gaiden, the weapons have a level up system but that's about it. The other games are button mashers, but NG requires a lot of technical and methodical play.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4Puckswack12Posted 12/20/2013 9:47:42 AM
None of those are like monster hunter.

The closest your gonna get is dark souls. I would really recommend dark souls if you like monster hunter. It's mostly single player and is not on the wii u but..

One of the best games of all time and its very similar to mh.
#5nonexistingheroPosted 12/20/2013 9:55:56 AM
Dark Souls is nothing like MH either, not even close enough to be called closest.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6Puckswack12Posted 12/20/2013 10:12:09 AM
Dark souls is very much like monster hunter especially in the fighting and weapon departments. The map layout and missions are very different. But fighting in dark souls is the closest I can think of to the fighting in monster hunter.

What is closer than dark souls?
#7selfdeztruction(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 5:17:53 PM
"I know that they aren't exactly like MH3U but they are all seemingly just as grind heavy (not a + or - in my book) and also seemingly feature the same kind of large scale and drawn out battles as MH3U where you want to throw a controller across the room even when you succeed."

I was only comparing the grindiness, large enemies, long battles and intensity of those games to that of MH.

I know that their gameplay mechanics focus on more than 1-3 enemies at a time but the comparison was about the other gameplay elements.

I noticed that WO has DLC that totals $89 (WTF?!) and FotNS KR has $40 worth of DLC, how complete are these games without DLC and are the DLC contents enough to actually warrant thier purchases?
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#8psoRangerPosted 12/20/2013 5:26:38 PM
dragon's dogma, all day everyday.

while subjective, go listen to the super awesomesauce original start menu song by before dark arisen came and changed things up. <3 B'z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8z3gyCISdA
---
A light can only shine so bright when it's next to like, a supernova & she was standing right next to Jean Claude Van Damme. - Joel YITB
#9vattodevPosted 12/20/2013 5:37:05 PM
A have a few friends who are also MH fans and like Warriors Orochi games. It's mostly because similar to MH Warriors Orochi have different combos and weapons per character (and a ton of characters) that gives you gameplay variety. You also have to learn a bit about other characters weaknesses and strengths and how they can combo their moves.
I heard that some games have some concepts that appear in MH, but they are mostly on Vita (Gods Eater Burst) and ps3 (Dark Souls) and not really similar. Though it's easy for a MH fan to enjoy those games because of the similarities (though I hated Gods Eater Burst).