Are people really that interested in another Mario Kart?

#1Craig--aPosted 12/20/2013 6:50:12 AM
I do enjoy Mario Kart and I will probably get it when its released but I have watched the trailers and I dont see what is so different from the last few to make this a huge deal and potential system seller.

Mario Kart Wii sold a ton but that was on the back of the motion fad and it coming with a steering wheel. Assuming that this game doesn't come with the steering wheel add on (or something similar) what is going to draw people in this time around?
---
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...
#2jsb0714Posted 12/20/2013 6:50:35 AM
Hells yeah!!
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#3Semi45aPosted 12/20/2013 6:51:47 AM
The Wii U needs games.
---
Asinine, the most overused phrase on gamefaqs for people wanting to sound smart
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#4Craig--a(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 6:52:51 AM
Semi45a posted...
The Wii U needs games.

It does. But wouldnt you rather have something new instead?
---
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...
#5JellitoePosted 12/20/2013 7:00:12 AM
Best racing game hands down, of course everyone is waiting for it.
---
Nintendo ID - Jellitoe
3DS FC - 2234-7146-5315
#6BladeManEXEPosted 12/20/2013 7:02:13 AM
Craig--a posted...
Semi45a posted...
The Wii U needs games.

It does. But wouldnt you rather have something new instead?

I'd like to have something new, but a game in a series with a history of quality as high as Mario Kart is certainly a welcome addition.
#7mcsmellingtonPosted 12/20/2013 7:04:15 AM
I feel the same way about MK as I do with a lot of Nintendo's games - they're fun for multiplayer but I'd never bother playing them on my own.

I'll get it when it's been out 6 months and I can find it for 20 quid, I'm not paying full price for a game that I'll only use when friends are round though.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#8BladeManEXEPosted 12/20/2013 7:08:21 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I feel the same way about MK as I do with a lot of Nintendo's games - they're fun for multiplayer but I'd never bother playing them on my own.

I'll get it when it's been out 6 months and I can find it for 20 quid, I'm not paying full price for a game that I'll only use when friends are round though.

I don't know about in the UK, but in the US, in six months it'll probably be the same price as at release.
#9Rasputin77Posted 12/20/2013 7:09:30 AM
I will never talk smack about milking the cash cow, when the milk is as good as Mario Kart.
---
'Coddling' = When 'inappropriate responses' to text are the responsibility of the author. No s***.
GameFAQs; Where astute observations make you a monster.
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 12/20/2013 7:10:36 AM
BladeManEXE posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I don't know about in the UK, but in the US, in six months it'll probably be the same price as at release.

If you shop around here you can find Nintendo games half price after 6 months. Won't be like a proper price drop, as Nintendo games do hold their value for ages, but there'll be the odd shop that are selling it half price as part of a special offer or something.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington