Why do people want a F-Zero game when it won't sell well

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 12/20/2013 8:32:43 AM
Sorry it isn't going to happen
#2INKU48Posted 12/20/2013 8:34:03 AM
Personal enjoyment is my guess. I have enjoyed tons of games that didn't sell well.
---
Official Adol Christin of the Vita board.
#3KogamiShimaPosted 12/20/2013 8:37:23 AM
I don't want a game because it'll sell. I want a game because I want the game.

If Nintendo won't provide games for their fans, they won't have fans. And THEN Ninty really is screwed.
#4New LinkPosted 12/20/2013 8:39:39 AM
I don't want to sell the game. I want to buy it.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#5Motobug321Posted 12/20/2013 8:40:38 AM
KogamiShima posted...

^
#6vgfanboyPosted 12/20/2013 8:41:49 AM
People want games because they're fun. It's Nintendo's job to worry about selling them, not the gamers. Unfortunately, a lot of games that people enjoyed didn't actually sell well and aren't worth the effort for a company to make them.
#7mashuPosted 12/20/2013 8:42:17 AM
KogamiShima posted...

This.

Although, I'm also of the opinion that games like this would make more than enough in other ways to justify their creation. So what if it only sells 100k off the bat? If the Wii U had a few more games like this - games seemingly retired due to assumed poor sales but nonetheless quite popular - it would sell more consoles, as the Wii U would have a much better looking library with a better variety of genre. That, in turn, would sell more games - mostly first party at this point - which is just as good to Nintendo as selling the actual game that it doesn't think will sell that much. Or to put it another way, while the games are great, I think the current philosophy of only putting out games expected to sell really well - Mario and co mostly - is a pretty bad plan. And it shows.
#8Jack_the_monke7Posted 12/20/2013 8:42:56 AM
New Link posted...
I don't want to sell the game. I want to buy it.

This is a great post. F-zero fans want a new F-zero game so they can enjoy it. They aren't Nintendo employees, they don't care what it sells (aside from the fact they'll want success so more F-zero games will be made).
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#9Nintendogenie00Posted 12/20/2013 8:48:18 AM
They could re-release GX and make it online and I would be buying it.
#10userfrigginamePosted 12/20/2013 8:50:04 AM
Cuz not everyone shares the tastes of mainstream audiences.