I kind of want a Starfox Wii U arwing game.

#1Semi45aPosted 12/20/2013 9:17:05 AM
But only kind of
---
Asinine, the most overused phrase on gamefaqs for people wanting to sound smart
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2New LinkPosted 12/20/2013 10:19:07 AM
We all do.

Some of us more than 'kind of.'

I'm one of the rare few that preferred StarFox (SNES) to StarFox64 (.....N64). I even enjoyed Command, though I see why others wouldnt.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3ImGanondorfLolPosted 12/20/2013 10:33:06 AM
I want them to expand on Assault's formula.
Just make a non-mediocre version of it.
#4Darth GeckoPosted 12/20/2013 11:00:57 AM
I want a Arwing-only game.
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#5GoldenJoe24Posted 12/20/2013 11:44:32 AM
Star Fox was basically an arcade game that skipped the arcade and went straight to home console. Back in the 90's, that format (short, intense games) was popular and viable.

Today, gamers don't have the same values. For the majority, it's about quantity. If a game takes less than X hours to complete, it's too short.

Personally, I would love a new all-arwing Star Fox. They could do some really neat things they couldn't before with co-op and level scale. I just don't see it happening until the market changes.
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 12/20/2013 11:54:15 AM
Star Fox 64 had it right. Ideally, you'd want to include something else besides the Arwing to vary up the gameplay. Landmaster and the submarine did this. Maybe the submarine wasn't the best choice in the world, but the Landmaster did the job well enough. This is why you see something like Assault that has so many on-foot sections. This was their attempt to vary up the gameplay to prevent repetition. Between the two, alternate vehicles used sparingly is the way to go. In that regard, a sequel to Star Fox 64's formula of mostly Arwing gameplay with a bit of Landmaster and a new vehicle would seem the ideal route. What would likely happen if they made one would be using Assault's formula though.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#7ShiNoBinnPosted 12/20/2013 11:58:06 AM
Maybe they can combine 64 and assault gameplay mechanics (but leaning heavily towards 64) so basically really just adding the best that assaults formula can give the game... maybe even add some light RPGish elements? Being able to upgrade the ARwings/landmaster etc..
---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#8xoftheuniversePosted 12/20/2013 12:11:31 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Star Fox was basically an arcade game that skipped the arcade and went straight to home console. Back in the 90's, that format (short, intense games) was popular and viable.

Today, gamers don't have the same values. For the majority, it's about quantity. If a game takes less than X hours to complete, it's too short.

Personally, I would love a new all-arwing Star Fox. They could do some really neat things they couldn't before with co-op and level scale. I just don't see it happening until the market changes.

That doesn't mean it HAS to be. StarFox has enormous potential. I agree with the length of games... I liked Assault but it was FAR too short. I should not (not even rushing mind you) beat a game in a couple of hours. I think it should last me a couple of days. I like the tank sections, and the Arwing sections, the submarine I was ok with but lose the runner sections, make the game long enough, and it would be great. The story could be a prequel with what happened to Fox's father, or perhaps Fox's future family, or maybe a current timeline mass war.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#9Joey2coolPosted 12/20/2013 12:13:04 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I want them to expand on Assault's formula.
Just make a non-mediocre version of it.

This.

Although I fear we wont see a new Star Fox game for quite a while.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#10Jacob46719Posted 12/20/2013 12:29:57 PM
Darth Gecko posted...
I want a Arwing-only game.

but that's so limited
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYY7t4U0I0